• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden PC68 Elite

cycole

Apr 29, 2005
I would like some recommendation on who
Tunes this radio the best as far as clean
Audio and a lot of swing just want some opinions.

Thanks, CY

I have a PC 68 Elite works nice:) has var power in it...
Ill sell it for $100.00 + shipping if you are interrested...
10 out of 10 comdition!!

You can have justin do a 50w tune up on it for you and ull be all set!!!

AM POWER

wonder if that 50 watt mod will be set at 100% modulation ? ......or would it be off the scale ? Hmm ? ....Gotta love those 1969 mod's !!!! 6 to 7 swing'in 40 to 50 !!! Yeah baby !! ......well ....if you plan on running a little fire in the wire ...you may not have to go that far on the little 68er .....well ......IM talk'in off the scale here fellows ....ME BAD !! ......just tune the little dude to 5 watts and the modulation to 100% (if you can ? scopes work best ) you should more then likely see about a 20 watt PEP swing after that .....auh yes !! the cap and resistor mod there after (-: for the running of your amp....I like 35 Volt 1000uf oh with about a 68 ohm resistor for the dead key (it's ballpark anyway) ...now your little 68er is do'in about 2 watts swinging that same 20 watts PEP ....spank that little amp !!! .....now we can talk about that AUDIO DON'T YOU KNOW !!!! ME BAD BOY !!! off the scale baby !! ...No Clip all the same !! (-: you throw a RK-56 on that puppy and now your a base station on wheels dude !!! ........maybe a nice TRB-1 echo board in there as well .....makes for a really nice ambiance in the audio ( I don't think I spelled that right ?) .......I truly have a passion for those little back pocket AM radios over the years ....I've heard those little 100 dollar radios sound as good as the 500 dollar ones ......hell !! who am I kidding here ? .....I think I've heard those radios even sound better then the high dollar ones (I wont name no names here ) High dollar foowie !!!! bring on them there older 25s/29s/66s/76s/78s/68s/21s/ .....can you believe that almost some 25 years later that they are still using that AM board in many radios even today !!!! .....(yeah they have been changed a little ,but not much !!) ....just be me the cb junkie !! (-: ..........OH YEAH ...........WHAT IS IT THAT YOU DESIRE FLAT-L RADIO ??????

cycole said:
I would like some recommendation on who
Tunes this radio the best as far as clean
Audio and a lot of swing just want some opinions.
Thanks, CY

My vote:

Justin @ Communication Experts (my experience)

-OR-

Cherry @ CBR Electronics (from what I have read he does a great job on this radio too)

Bob's CB and 8541 Electronics come to mind to.

Thanks guys for all the response, I ordered one from R&R Electronics in Delaware. Three to twelve watt variable dead key 28-35 peak, this is what the amp builder recommended to drive his 2x8 with should have it all installed in a couple weeks.

Thanks, CyCole

12 watt DK ? Hmm ,would think that was a bit much for one of those ? but I suppose these guys can perform magic on them nowadays. good luck dude

I know im chimming in late on this one,,,but,,,,gotta agree with Switch Kit and AM power,,,personally i dont see any reason for anything over 8watts of carrier..if its on a varriable,,down to 1 and up to 6 or 8 is all ya need,,,,gee guy's...why would ya wanna work that little booger that hard????
i would think they should know how to make the upper limit adjustable....oh well...i dont wanna be a BadBoy,,,,so i'll just leave that alone....lol

rfpowerman 8)

f

Cycole, you shouldn't have to drive that 2x8 with any more than a 2 watt dead key. I would have them set it from 1 watt to as high as you deem fit. I have never had to drive any of my DaveMades or X-Force mobiles with built in drivers with more than a 2 watt dead key, usually somewhere between 1 w and 2 w.

Just my opinion, LoneWolf TN

3-12 watt variable as far as 3 watt being to much I will have to see This is what they recommend. Thanks for all the info

SeeYa, Cy

AM Power, is that the radio you got from CBR?

Also, F & G or whatever they call them selves is the first place I have ever heard of that can get an honest 50 watts from a c.b. set. Lots of places do the 1969 mod, most get 30-35 watts though.

Last, 1-7 watts on the variable dead key should be plenty. 12 seems hi.

50 honest watts ? ......if that's with all these types of radios ? ....I'd truly believe it when I seen it . I've personally seen a little over 40 peak ....but really more so 30 to 40 like you said Butch. It seems like some radios give more then others with these mods ? when I saw over 40 it was off a Uniden PC-66a ...for 5 to 10 watts extra swing ,kind of makes one wonder if it's truly worth it or not ? I run amps anyway but with a cap/resistor mod 2 swing'in 35 or 40 ain't bad for a little AM radio don't you know (-: (HD amps anyway)

I've seen it personally on their bench, and taken a radio done by them and put it on mine. 50 honest peak watts, for sure, domonstrated on both Bird 43P's and an expensive Hewlett Packard Cell site analyzer. They do a lot more to get that then a cap/resistor mod though.....

Yes im selling the 68 i got from cbr...Why interrested/??

Yes i have a 66xl that i had Justin do up for me and its doing 53 pep on my 43P into a dummy load:)

AM POWER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.