• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uniden scanner

Price has come down. I just bought one for $440 shipped. Best scanner I've had. I bought the SDS200, which replaced this, but I didn't like it. The processor noise in the speaker was atrocious. They made a user installed grounding strap to suppress it. It barely made a difference. I sold it and was hesitant of buying another Uniden Digital scanner. Glad I did, I think this one is better. The SDS was supposed to have a better algorithm for trunked systems. This one is good enough for me. It's the most birdie free scanner I've ever owned.

Oh......how I miss the old scanner days. Progress done came and messed everything up.

Oh......how I miss the old scanner days. Progress done came and messed everything up.

And for what purpose? Personally, I think it should have stopped at 800 MHz Analog Trunked. EVERYONE has the right to hear what the police are doing on their radio. Who is going to police the police? <-- That's rather timely, no?

Even with all these whiz-bang digitally encrypted systems, the cops still use their cell phones to avoid the noid.

And for what purpose? Personally, I think it should have stopped at 800 MHz Analog Trunked. EVERYONE has the right to hear what the police are doing on their radio. Who is going to police the police? <-- That's rather timely, no?

Even with all these whiz-bang digitally encrypted systems, the cops still use their cell phones to avoid the noid.

I rarely listen to public safety. I did that for so long and hate hearing it. Just about any scanner is useful to me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.