• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden SDS200 Base/Mobile Scanner

I hate how they make DMR and NXDN a paid upgrade. Uniden does that crap, too. I have Whistler TRX-2 and they finally included DMR and NXDN. Our local departments use DMR, so it's needed. I think a Taxi service in Northern Ohio uses NXDN, so no big deal for needing it.

Reactions: 357magnum
Big thread on Radio Reference about internally generated noise and keypad lighting on many units. Polling shows a near 50/50 crap shoot of affected units. Pitfalls of buying first run TURDS. I wonder if Uniden will fix?

https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/sds-200-speaker-noise-again-like-the-536hp.383186/

Actually, I was teetering on pulling the trigger, but not now. Whistler is getting ready to release their new versions, so might wait to see what it looks like. That noise would drive me nuts. Sounds like ground or shielding issue with crud getting into the audio circuit like that. maybe a bad batch of componets. Of course, we all seen't how Uniden fixed the CW latency issues in theur Export turds.

Last edited:
Mud , I been thinking of getting another " Used " scanner as I can't pick up crap on the out dated ones I have . Problem here in my town is I think they do more of the in car PC system then chat via radio . My friend has a Uniden that should receive Coventry Ri PD but never much over the air action . I was looking @ A used RS 2096 scanner I believe this will suit my needs . Your thoughts on this model ? Thanks , 73 & God Bless , Leo

That's a decent scanner. Our County is all digital, except Sheriff. They just got funding this month to switch to 800 MHz MARCS. I currently own a Whistler TRX-2. It picks up everything around here, except State Patrol. They went encrypted a few years back.

Thanks Mud ! I just inherited another antenna . Not sure if I'm going to switch it yet . I currently use one that looks like a RS 1/4 wave GP ( Fairly big in size ) the one I just got is a Discone I believe sold by RS years back ( @$150 ) I think it can also be used to transmit on a certain Ham band , been a while since I looked up the specs so I'm not quite sure.:whistle::D

87412201-14f5-49ba-bd96-f99f1fe88b5f_1.jpg

Reactions: 357magnum
Rt , Yup That be the one ! Now when I get a chance I need to get it up & try it out , lot smaller than the one I am using now ( mass size ) but the Discone type has more radials . I'll have to see how it works out w/ long distance receive . Most days I can receive Nh from Ri on the one I'm using . Not that I need to know what's going on in Nh but I have family in Greenville & like to hear what's going on .:LOL: Just about 100 miles .

Reactions: RT431

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.