• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden SSB base

wavrider

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jun 2, 2009
Have an Uniden SSB base, PC411AD board.

I only information I can find about this radio seems to be President Madison radio while searching for the alignment procedures or schematics.

Any info on the alignment procedures or service manual would be greatly appreciated.

This one has the digital clock and MB8719 PLL chip

http://www.radiomods.co.nz/framesmodspage.html

There is an alignment page there too.
Click "CB at the top left column, and go down the list until you get to 'Alignments'. Then look up the President Madison (PC-411).

Hope that keeps ya busy for awhile.

If that doesn't work for you and this project it important to you, I would get a manual form SAMS. $20 and you can download it. Got a Cobra 148GTL manual from them. Very great info and very complete too . . .

Last edited:
So what Uniden radio you got? Madison or Washington? I love my Madison with the red led clock and 8719pll.

The Defpom CB Radio And Car Audio Pages for mods,alignments,tweaks,bleeps,PLL,schematics,circuit and block diagrams,HAM,amateur,ssb,am,fm,cw,upper,lower,cct,cobra,uniden,realistic,cherokee,president,ranger,rci,ltd,gtl,x,xl,dx,b,gme,audioline,lincoln,

There is an alignment page there too.
Click "CB at the top left column, and go down the list until you get to 'Alignments'. Then look up the President Madison (PC-411).

Hope that keeps ya busy for awhile.

If that doesn't work for you and this project it important to you, I would get a manual form SAMS. $20 and you can download it. Got a Cobra 148GTL manual from them. Very great info and very complete too . . .

ROBB thanks for the info.

The radio is not really important to me per say. I gave it to my dad many years ago.

Dad will never key the mic but he likes to listen. Then tell all his friends at work when he was working that he has this cb and this antenna and I think I even set him up with a D&A Maverick 250. Of course he never used it but he had it and that is what matters.

When I helped them move down here to GA. as now he is 74 yrs old, has some medical problems and has been retired for several years. He dragged out that old Uniden and asked me if I could check it out for him.

So sort of going through it front to back and aligning it, cleaning the pots and controls to get it back to reliable working condition. Then I will hand it back to dad, set up some sort of Ground Plane antenna and he can listen to this solar cycle.

So sentimental value is what the radio is.

Reactions: 1 person
So what Uniden radio you got? Madison or Washington? I love my Madison with the red led clock and 8719pll.

I will go look on the radio at the serial number and nomenclature tag and let you know exactly what I have.

It just says Uniden on the front.

if it has a clock and a mb8719 pll its a uniden madison. same as the cobra 2000 gtl base's.

Front of radio has Uniden on it, no other name.

Digital clock, no speaker, external speaker required.

Made in Taiwan stamped on the back chassis.

PC411AD board.

Serial number: 83001687
On the serial number plate is listed, Madison FCC data:1010002

Guess it is a Madison?

1317514658-640.jpg_m.jpg

Like this?

Jeff

Exactly like that picture thanks.

Aligned it using the 409 alignment procedures.

Made some contacts with it on SSB and got good reports, put the cover back on it and called it done.

Thanks for the assistance on alignment procedures.

Hey AudioShockwav... how well does that Turner Expander 500 mic work with that Madison? I just picked one up a few weeks ago and have it working really well with my Galaxy 2547. Most of the reviews I've read about them are negative due to being super sensitive. Mine will produce close to 100% modulation from the sound of the TV set across the room.

Like this?

Jeff

Reactions: 1 person
That Picture was nabbed form the internet.
I have never ran the Base model, but I have run the mobile one, the Turner Ex-pander 500 N/C noise canceling mic.....It was a good mic and worked well with the Midland radio I had it on.

Jeff

I use the Expander 400 mic on my base, get great audio reports, it's a little big but I have huge hands so it's a good fit for me. Guess they just don't make them like that anymore

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.