• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Washington (MB9719) Channel Mod

8113 Northern MN

Aug 9, 2013
Virginia,MN
Looking for a good channel mod for my old Uniden Washington with the 8719 PLL. Standard PC-385 Board. I recently added in a 3 Switch channel mode to a Grant XL that went super smooth but have been unable to find out if I can use this exact method on my Washington.

Also, I have extra 11.1758, 11.3258 and 11.4758 Xtals if anyone knows how i could put these to use giving me the most channels for the radio.

did you click on the link I left you or did you click on your old link. this use to be on radionut63's site and he got mad I guess and shut it down.

When i click on the link you left me it shows in bottom right that it is Connecting to the site....after about 15 secs says: The connection has timed out

The server at kg4zpn.netai.net is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Been having this happen for over a month now. When i go to any of the websites that check whether or not a site is up they all say it is. I think maybe my ISP is blocking it or something?

I did however find: KG4ZPN's CB RADIO MOD SITE which if I remember correctly is just about the same thing

Thank you for that Radio Tech. Sadly it looks like the only way i will be able to get channel 42 out of the mods for my radio is to do the 6 position Rotary switch

Last edited:
One can change out the loop osc xtal of a 8719 chassis with a higher mhz value, ground one of the pins (17?) of the pll with a toggle switch, and have 40 channels standard CB with 40 upper channels. Can't remember all of the finer details on the parts and pll pin location ATM; so perhaps Xit13 or Loosecannon can recall.

I dont really care about any of the LOW channels. Im more concerned about being about to get 41-55 for sure. 42 is used alot in my area when 38 is out of control. And i have a Imax 2000 whose tip is 75 feet in the air so I am able to shoot skip conditions quite often overseas on the extra channels when i bring one of my mobiles in with extras. Figured it was time to hook up extra with the Untouched Vintage Washington ;). If someone could find me something that will get me 41-60 or so would be great. I have access to a ton of extra crystals so that isnt an issue. I went and got a double pole 6 position rotary switch today. That mod is pretty intense and not sure i wanna go through with it. I recently did a Grant XL for a friend and it was the simplest channel mod ive ever done with three SPST switches. Looking for something like that which will work with the Uniden Washington 8719. Thanks Guys

Reactions: walterjn
I dont really care about any of the LOW channels. Im more concerned about being about to get 41-55 for sure. 42 is used alot in my area when 38 is out of control. And i have a Imax 2000 whose tip is 75 feet in the air so I am able to shoot skip conditions quite often overseas on the extra channels when i bring one of my mobiles in with extras. Figured it was time to hook up extra with the Untouched Vintage Washington ;). If someone could find me something that will get me 41-60 or so would be great. I have access to a ton of extra crystals so that isnt an issue. I went and got a double pole 6 position rotary switch today. That mod is pretty intense and not sure i wanna go through with it. I recently did a Grant XL for a friend and it was the simplest channel mod ive ever done with three SPST switches. Looking for something like that which will work with the Uniden Washington 8719. Thanks Guys

Perhaps I didn't explain myself well enough the first time; so let me try again.
IF the loop osc xtal is replaced with a slightly higher mhz part; then by pulling the pll pin 17 to ground with a switch; then that will give one the standard CB 40 channels. Now if you flip that same switch and thereby unground pin 17 on the pll, it will then give you 40 channels above. Now; did that help?

Just don't recall if it was pin 17 on the pll; have to look it up again.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
the easiest way to get the channel you want if you do not want to use a 6 pole switch is buy a kit from lescomm and you will just have 1 switch. it will give you both up and down bands in line. I take it you want 27.425.

Yea 27.425 is important and 27.555 is important to me. Ive made contact on many others as well but those are my favs. I dont really care about going into the 28,xxx or below channel 1. I already have an old Tube Silitronix 1011D that I sit back and listen to 10 meter on when im bored. Just care about local contact extra channel and the best long distance channel ive had

Yea Sonoma someone else mentioned the lescomm kit to me locally while chatting on the rig. Im less inclined to buy things then I am to either find someone elses homebrew method or create my own. I own an electronics business so I have access to literally endless amounts of any kind of components you can imagine lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.