• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UNIDEN WASHINGTON

C-W

Jan 24, 2012
Hi all,
I have just got out my old Wahington base radio. It has been boxed up for about 20 years without use. Everything seems to work fine with exception to the fact that the volume control is very scratchy and staticy when i adjust it. Also a couple of the other nobs and switches pop when used. Can I use electric contact cleaner on these? Will it hurt the plastic???

Go to Radio Shack and get DeOxIt.
That will clean and recondition the controls. Just take your time and use it sparingly. Can't say 100% about it hurting the finish, but I've used it a long time and take care to keep it contained.

I 2nd the de oxit, it can be found cheaper online that at rat shack, works good and they also offer a gold version , supposed to "restore" the contacts. I can not say if it does or not I can say this stuff works great in old boat anchors, cleaned many a band switch with it.

Picked up some Deoxit at Radio Shack on the way home from work and it worked like a champ.
Thanks for the help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.