• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Wireless Microphone

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
Was playing With my Uniden wireless microphone hooked to my President McKinley USA radio today and started to wonder, has anyone ever heard of a Uniden wireless mic. being used with a President McKinley EU model? If it would that might be just enough to push me over the edge and buy a new EU model. Plus I think I seen a Mod for enlarging the speaker hole in the wireless mic. somewhere.

Was playing With my Uniden wireless microphone hooked to my President McKinley USA radio today and started to wonder, has anyone ever heard of a Uniden wireless mic. being used with a President McKinley EU model? If it would that might be just enough to push me over the edge and buy a new EU model. Plus I think I seen a Mod for enlarging the speaker hole in the wireless mic. somewhere.
That's interesting, if it works with the McKinley, I wonder if it works with the Lincoln?

Reactions: whiteastro
I'd like to repeat the question in case the thread got buried and enough operators didn't read it !

i was looking around at those AT-6666s and they are out of stock but I think I know where I can get a hold of a Lincoln 2 +. I might be able to use my wireless mic on that !

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
The Lincoln 2 is a great radio. But it is not as simple to convert, you have to solder in a resistor.
I'd have the shop I bought the radio from solder in the resistor. That video I found about the technical details on the Anytone 6666 kind of turned me off on them. I try to use the KISS theory in life. Keep It Simple Stupid ! No Foul Implied ! LOL

Reactions: H1driver
I tried the Uniden BC906W with my Icom IC-7300. I was told the audio doesn't sound very good. That's too bad because I really wanted to use this while in the back yard. Receive is excellent though.
I have used this mic on all different radios with adapters I made. The 2 best sounding on tx audio were a trc457 and a Yaesu ft101e. No matter what radio you use it on there is a slight hum noise on tx and the closer you are to someone the more they hear it. It's the nature of the beast. People further away do not hear it. You need to realize what the mic is and use it for that. Perfect to go in the backyard and stay connected but knowing you are not hifi. There is also a mod you can do to the mic to make it a bit wider by adding a couple of caps. Search liberty mic mod. It actually works.

I have used this mic on all different radios with adapters I made. The 2 best sounding on tx audio were a trc457 and a Yaesu ft101e. No matter what radio you use it on there is a slight hum noise on tx and the closer you are to someone the more they hear it. It's the nature of the beast. People further away do not hear it. You need to realize what the mic is and use it for that. Perfect to go in the backyard and stay connected but knowing you are not hifi. There is also a mod you can do to the mic to make it a bit wider by adding a couple of caps. Search liberty mic mod. It actually works.
Thanks

Reactions: whiteastro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.