• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Unsolved Mysteries in the CB Industry

I don't think I would call the Stryker 955 disposable. I would actually call it very reliable and serviceable if you send it to a tech who can, and knows how to work on new technology. There are quite a few out there. It's like modern cars. There was a day when I could and would do most of the mechanical work on my car, but you won't find me under the hood today.

I think I would rather have a 955 vs either of my two old school radios that constantly need attention. But I do understand where you're coming from.
I have read many threads here where stryker just replaces the board when one is sent in for waranty service. When you send a president radio in they just send you a brand new one. Service info is treated as a trade secret like colonial sanders secret recipe.
I guess I am like the driver that came in a while back and traded his stryker 655 straight across for a used General Lee, he said "I don't need all that digital." I sold my lincoln 2 plus and replaced it with a more traditional radio and I couldn't be more pleased.

I have read many threads here where stryker just replaces the board when one is sent in for waranty service. When you send a president radio in they just send you a brand new one. Service info is treated as a trade secret like colonial sanders secret recipe.
I guess I am like the driver that came in a while back and traded his stryker 655 straight across for a used General Lee, he said "I don't need all that digital." I sold my lincoln 2 plus and replaced it with a more traditional radio and I couldn't be more pleased.
As long as you're happy, it's all that really matters. That's what this hobby is about. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.