• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UNUSUALLY HOT WEATHER

We went through it about six weeks ago. For two days in a row, Seattle (and Bremerton) were officially hotter than Tucson, Arizona!!

I was born and grew up in Las Vegas NV. I know from hot, and we had hot for about a week. Neighbor went to Lowe's and got their last window air conditioner. It's much bigger than what's needed for a bedroom, but that's where he put it. Keeps his whole house cool, though - and nearly doubles his power bill!

I recommend window shades - the kind that mount on the OUTSIDE of the window. Once the heat goes through the window, it's inside the house and you have to live with it. Keep it outside where it belongs.

Its been hotter than Roy Rodgers pistol after a 20 man shootout which is odd for this time of year. Hrass is all dead looks like the hay in our alfalfa field after its been cut and laying to dry for a few 80 degree days it actually hurts to walk on the lawn without shoes!! :w00t:

It was a VERY hot and dry year here in central Texas. I live 15 miles south of Austin and I have recorded 7.91 inches of rain this year, that's sad. Average is about 32 inches a year, also Austin had 68 days of 100 or above this year the record is 70 days back in 1920's can't remember the year 1921 or 25? looks like there was global warming going on back then! Here's a picture of a crack in the front yard last month take a close look at the tape measure.

Attachments

• 2008 Crack.JPG
    2008 Crack.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 148
It was a VERY hot and dry year here in central Texas. I live 15 miles south of Austin and I have recorded 7.91 inches of rain this year, that's sad. Average is about 32 inches a year, also Austin had 68 days of 100 or above this year the record is 70 days back in 1920's can't remember the year 1921 or 25? looks like there was global warming going on back then! Here's a picture of a crack in the front yard last month take a close look at the tape measure.
I was born and raise in Ms. and back in 1983 we had about 15'' that year and the average there is over 50'' a year but you'll find changing weather patterns everywhere due to el nino.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.