• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

upgrading regulators

I used a tip147 in place of q55. Seemed to modulate on the scope better. Is this my imagination?

Upgrading to a higher rated part will do you no better than the origonal if you do not INCREASE the surface area of the heatsink. If you allow them to heat up they will both fail at the same tempeture under the same conditions.

Radioman mentioned this in one of his posts. You are just wasting your time and money on this myth. The 2sb754 is more than capable of doing it's job being the radio hasen't had every last milliwatt squeezed out of it, and or modded to the hilt.

There is no reason to "upgrade" on a propperly tuned radio.

Fo sho mr scientist man.. I popped that bad boy on to the chassis with short wires as possible. W grease and insulator. I figured this was reason it shown improvement.

that would have more of an effect on performance then just changing regulators.

In anycase, you really wont see any difference by just changing out the before mentioned transistors under normal operating conditions.

I personally don't care for ekl.. I feel like they got to be compromised. I always get better results with international rectifier. I've never used that part tho

Well.. take it with a grain of salt.. I wouldn't Lety that sway me away from ekl. I think what they do is great.. they're tailored to cb it just seems to me that they could be compromised.. they're cheap tho.. doesn't mean I don't have done ekl parts in my drawer lol! I just trust the irf520n name more than erf2030. I don't know about the part you have.. I would actually like to know if it worked well

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.