• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

USA/North America booming into UK/EU

M0GVZ

Oct 18, 2011
Currently listening to superbowl on the Flex and getting lots of US/Canadian stations S9. Some fantastic conditions out there if anyone wants to try some DX. Its starting to get dark here so after around 19:00 UTC you'll probably struggle.

No insult intended, but why anyone would want to listen to the large majority of operators that work the Super Bowl is beyond me. The sloppiest sounding splatter boxes over modulated overdriven stations seem to congregate on what is known as the Super Bowl. In my opinion there's nothing super about it. I stay as far away from there as I can. What a mess!
Currently listening to superbowl on the Flex and getting lots of US/Canadian stations S9. Some fantastic conditions out there if anyone wants to try some DX. Its starting to get dark here so after around 19:00 UTC you'll probably struggle.

Reactions: midnight special
It's a good way to tell whether the dx is any good an CB band and also most likely lets him know where the strongest signals are coming from. I turn there every so often and listen. Not every operator on channel 6 has a bad sounding setup. I've heard some very clean stations that were booming in over others many a time. But your are right stellistarrat, it's a zoo there for the most part and the majority of the guys on there have all settings cranked wide open and sound like they are eating the mic or yelling into it at times. Nothing like hearing some good ol crunchy, unintelligible audio first thing in the morning. Gets the blood flowing ya know.;):ROFLMAO::D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.