• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Using a wireless mic on my new President Lincoln II Plus

KC5MBS

W5JPX
Dec 16, 2012
Northwest Arkansas
I just got a new Lincoln II Plus I am using as a base station. Great little radio. In the past, I owned a Uniden Bearcat 980, and used their BC906W wireless microphone on it. Very handy. Recently I saw a President Liberty wireless microphone that is obviously the same basic construction and design. But the President mic is only sold commercially in Europe, and is much more expensive for me here in the states than the Bearcat version. My radio guy told me that a Bearcat mic would fry my audio circuit. I found several diagrams online that show the mic wiring is the same from Lincoln to 980.

I sure would like to find someone with first-hand knowledge of whether the Bearcat microphones would work on the President Lincoln II Plus.

I know the basic mic, minus the Lincoln’s channel buttons, is wired the same.

I’m curious for the same info you seek.

Hadn’t seen the “Liberty“ mic until now.

Nice.

I would also like to try the Bearcat BC804NC noise cancelling microphone if it would be plug and play. I am not a fan of the Astatics or the RKs, I do love the Ranger SRA-198. But it would be cool to have something that was actually built to go with this series of radios.

Last edited:
I would also like to try the Bearcat BMKG0689001 noise cancelling microphone if it would be plug and play. I am not a fan of the Astatics or the RKs, I do love the Ranger SRA-198. But it would be cool to have something that was actually built to go with this series of radios.

that’ll work out of the box.

Reactions: Joseph m Charnigo
The President Lincoln II+ supplies 13v to pin 6. The Uniden 980 supplies around 8v to pin 6. This voltage powers the wireless microphone cradle.

I have used the BC906W mic with the Lincoln II+, but I have mostly just used it to listen, but it does work. I can’t say if the voltage difference could have an impact over time.

Replacement batteries for the handheld mic unit is the BT-1008.

The President Liberty and the Uniden BC906W are not exactly the same thing. They use different operating frequencies from one another (1880-1900 mHz for the Liberty 1980-1990 mHz for the Uniden (give or take a few mHz)). The President offers an audio line input for use with other radios in order to get the speaker audio into the mic. The small battery that powers the hand mic is different between the two models also. The wiring is the same, but that is about the only similarity.

Not sure why President doesn’t offer the Liberty for sale in the U.S. unless if has something to do with the wireless operating freq ???

The President Lincoln II+ supplies 13v to pin 6. The Uniden 980 supplies around 8v to pin 6. This voltage powers the wireless microphone cradle.

I have used the BC906W mic with the Lincoln II+, but I have mostly just used it to listen, but it does work. I can’t say if the voltage difference could have an impact over time.

The President Liberty and the Uniden BC906W are not exactly the same thing. They use different operating frequencies from one another (1880-1900 mHz for the Liberty 1980-1990 mHz for the Uniden (give or take a few mHz)). The President offers an audio line input for use with other radios in order to get the speaker audio into the mic. The small battery that powers the hand mic is different between the two models also. The wiring is the same, but that is about the only similarity.

Not sure why President doesn’t offer the Liberty for sale in the U.S. unless if has something to do with the wireless operating freq ???

The story I’ve read is that the US-spec can’t be used in Europe

Why, it’d be a disaster across La Gloire France were every diner called to his table at the same time!!

Reactions: undertaker

Great info. I see that President has some info on the webpage, but not in this detail.

Good to know. Thanks.

That could be why the president wireless can connect to the speaker output Jack in the back. I saw a YouTube video of someone who put the uniden wireless mic on a Galaxy. Made a power wire and a audio wire to plug into the speaker Jack in the back of the radio. People put the wireless mic on ham radios too.

I wish they put that feature into the uniden mic.

Have a feeling the President version will be unobtainium here.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated