• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Using a wireless mic on my new President Lincoln II Plus

Hi, it's an old post but for someone can be useful my experience...
I live in a condos in Italy the radio are in underground garage and in winter i'm at 1floor on couch, have make several blackbox adapter with in out 6 pin direct plus power in and line in (SP) because have more hen 3 mic (bot Uniden and Presiden) connect with Ranger 2950, Uniden 980, Icom 781, kenwood tmd700... infact not all radio have sufficient power or rx out on mic pin; so my box have:
LED:
  • POWER ON
  • TX
  • RX
SWITCH:
  • ON/OFF
  • MUTE
  • MUTE SP (external speaker)
INPUT:
  • 6 PIN MIC (Uniden or President)
  • JACK MONO 3,5mm
  • POWER IN 2,1mm
OUTPUT:
  • 6 PIN MIC DIRECT (passtrou)
  • JACK MONO SP 3,5 (can connect external speaker and have audio on both or disable the sp or mic by the switch)
nothing complicate if not found a little power adapter from china can put 7/15 and out the power I need (President in #6 is supplied with 13.2V so Liberty have 13.2 and 906 8v)

next step if I change the balcbox in future upgrade with smalllll power meter and add a bluetoot support or keep it simple a mic sp jack like kwnood style and bt doongle or rj45 and dongle for rices mic...

Does anyone currently use the Uniden wireless mic with a Lincoln 2+? I tried it with mine, and the transmit audio is hardly enough to modulate the radio. I have to eat the mic to get it to work. Does anyone else have that problem?

I just got a new Lincoln II Plus I am using as a base station. Great little radio. In the past, I owned a Uniden Bearcat 980, and used their BC906W wireless microphone on it. Very handy. Recently I saw a President Liberty wireless microphone that is obviously the same basic construction and design. But the President mic is only sold commercially in Europe, and is much more expensive for me here in the states than the Bearcat version. My radio guy told me that a Bearcat mic would fry my audio circuit. I found several diagrams online that show the mic wiring is the same from Lincoln to 980.

I sure would like to find someone with first-hand knowledge of whether the Bearcat microphones would work on the President Lincoln II Plus.
I have run the bearcat wireless on my Lincoln 2t many many times ..mod is a bit low if you don't put it close... otherwise works great...wish you could change channels though

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I use the Uniden wireless mic with an Icom 7300. I've been told the transmit audio quality is poor. I mostly use it for listening when sitting in the back yard. For that it works great.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?