• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Using a wireless mic on my new President Lincoln II Plus

My BC906W worked with the President Lincoln II + and I was able to hear the receive audio through the speakermic and transmit, although I found the transmit audio to be a bit light, since I am used to running Astatic 575 mics on my radios (I only run SSB).

As for the price...yikes !!! I just looked and online retailers are asking $88+ for the BC906W ! That is crazy. I paid $55 each for the two I got a few years ago. In my opinion, they are not really worth $55 unless you need the remote capability, and they are definitely not worth nearly $90.

These mics work on my Uniden 980, President Lincoln II+, and President Grant II. All have 6 pin mic jacks that are wired the same. Since I had removed my coax runs from coming into the house, and was running a radio from the garage, I wanted to have remote capability for listen and transmit. Too bad they don’t have channel changing capability. That would be the shizznit !

I just got a new Lincoln II Plus I am using as a base station. Great little radio. In the past, I owned a Uniden Bearcat 980, and used their BC906W wireless microphone on it. Very handy. Recently I saw a President Liberty wireless microphone that is obviously the same basic construction and design. But the President mic is only sold commercially in Europe, and is much more expensive for me here in the states than the Bearcat version. My radio guy told me that a Bearcat mic would fry my audio circuit. I found several diagrams online that show the mic wiring is the same from Lincoln to 980.

I sure would like to find someone with first-hand knowledge of whether the Bearcat microphones would work on the President Lincoln II Plus.

I use mine and it works fine on my Lincoln 2 Plus

Anybody figure out how to add the speaker Jumper from the Base you hook up to your radio?Would like to use mine on my anytone 6666 but no RX in mic.also any mods to get more Modulation?

Anybody figure out how to add the speaker Jumper from the Base you hook up to your radio?Would like to use mine on my anytone 6666 but no RX in mic.also any mods to get more Modulation?
Extremely easy if you can solder. Look at the pin out for a 980. On the pin that wants the receive solder a shielded wire center and the shield to common ground. Run that cable out the mic connector with the regular mic cord. Other end of cable put a mini jack. Make sure cable is long enough to get to rear of your radio. Plug into extension speaker . Start with volume off. Put mic up half way maybe 4 beeps. Then turn up volume until it sounds good. Now control volume with mic. I make an adapter so the factory cordless mic plugs into it. It's now a 4 pin with a 9vdc wall transformer wired into it and a mini jack. I can use it on any 4 pin cobra or any other radio using 4 pin to whatever adapter. Also the mic will not key a relay radio. I mod the receiver part of the cordless mic adding a mini relay inside so it will key older relay radios such as FT 101E, TRC 458 457 etc.

Pin 1 - Modulation
Pin 2 - Rx
Pin 3 - Tx
Pin 4 - Audio from the receive
Pin 5 - Common
Pin 6 - 8 volts

And here is a pic of the adapter I made to give you an idea. The rca plug on the end of one of the cables plugs into a wall transformer. Or on some radios I add an 8v regulator to the chassis and put a female rca on the rear of radio to power. I have powered my setup from 8vdc to 13vdc with no problems.

cordless.jpg

Little tip. If you are not real steady handed I would use a pen iron and tack a very thin wire to the original spots. Snip the leads on the caps short and hot glue them close to the spot. Then tack the wires to the caps. Hot glue over them. Done.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
President announced the Liberty Microphone is going out of production (per SimontheWizard).

Went ahead and ordered one from the UK. $125 total.
Bought two of the Uniden bc906 a couple of weeks ago.

The family stable has (and will have) a good number of both UNIDEN and PRESIDENT radios.

I’ve wanted the current Lincoln for some time, but it’s had to wait on other purchases made first. Would hate to miss out on the wireless option by that wait.

The wireless mics get simply too good reviews not to want one with either brand, IMO.

It’ll be great if the bc906 can be adapted as in above posts.
These radios and others.

Looking a little further, it does appear that it requires the use of the speaker output:

200-ft test with Liberty mic looked great!

Today am trapped in a bad day of snow in WI, and I can see where a wireless mic has a place in getting out of the vehicle to more closely observe a condition or conditions affecting movement. Could also be a wreck or similar impediment.

Had a front end excavator kind enough to lead me in/out of a warehouse lot. Coordinating movement would have been easier as I stood behind my rig and gave hand signals (open to interpretation; no standard in use).

As one of these wireless mics can be adapted to other radios, worth your consideration to have one. I think I’ll mount the Liberty so it’s always ready for use

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.