• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

USPS Charging random amounts to deliver

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
At my other QTH in another city, this post women every once in a while charges me for my packages. shell deliver the mail but sometimes ring the door bell and will not hand me my packages unless i pay random amounts from: 3 cent's and up to today i had to pay $5.79 she only will take cash etc what the $#^& is up with that? One time i order a $1400 radio off eBay and it was a decent size box she charged me 97 cents and i didnt have it she refused to deliver it ( she said she would send it back if i refused) so i had to ask my neighbor (i don't carry change) for 97 cents. am i being scammed or something? I have called the local post office which is HUGE and they really don't tell me what the deal is...? It's sorta is an issue because when i order larger item's off amazon,eBay etc if she doesn't feel like carrying it shell just deliver whenever she feels like it...

hmm

sounds fishy to me. i get usps packages a lot
never been charged at the door. sounds like she needs gas money

packages may have arrived with postage due .it happens ,especially when people print their own postage .but the package should have a stick on label that says postage due .
if it does not, then theres a valid gripe.

Reactions: 1 person
Carriers cannot deliver "when they feel like it" it doesn't work that way. They don't take mail or post home with them. Contrary to popular belief the USPS does not have storage facilitys for mail. Those amounts are for postage due. The carrier is not going to risk her job for 3 cents. As a matter of fact I would bet she has covered postage due for you out of her own pocket in the past and just got tired of it. It's hard for me to believe you just pay with seemingly no reason? What do you do, just look at her and cry? Whats missing form the story sounds fishy to me!! Ask her or look at the box as stated before it will have a red stamp that states POSTAGE DUE and the amount. So thank her for putting up with you!

Carriers cannot deliver "when they feel like it" it doesn't work that way. They don't take mail or post home with them. Contrary to popular belief the USPS does not have storage facilitys for mail. Those amounts are for postage due. The carrier is not going to risk her job for 3 cents. As a matter of fact I would bet she has covered postage due for you out of her own pocket in the past and just got tired of it. It's hard for me to believe you just pay with seemingly no reason? What do you do, just look at her and cry? Whats missing form the story sounds fishy to me!! Ask her or look at the box as stated before it will have a red stamp that states POSTAGE DUE and the amount. So thank her for putting up with you!

No I dont snob and cry. I pay it and say have a nice day. Btw this is the first box that had a red stamp stating "post due". I am far from a fishy type of person, So mr. Wr367 got anything else to say ?

☆ ★Sent from Droid★☆

Last edited:
This is correct info... I am a retired carrier and we got packages all the time to deliver that doesn't have enough postage on them. We had to sign for them and pay the accountables clerk the postage due when we finished our deliveries. I would leave an envelope with the parcel for the postage due if it wasn't too much and pay it out of my pocket until I got reimbursed by the customer. The ones that failed to reimburse me would get a knock on the door with request to pay the balance due at time of delivery from then on out. If they didn't have the money the parcel is returned to the post office and held by the accountables clerk for a limited amount of time for the customer to pick up with the balance owed on the postage. After that time is expired the parcel is returned to sender unclaimed...

Talked to the post master. It's been resolved.

what i would like to know is i have two different QTHs, both equally get mail and boxes from eBay, amazon , qrz etc and only the one home is being charged X amount of $. while the other QTH is never charged $ or late on delivery. I'm not saying my mail carrier is a bad person nor am i trying to be a cry baby about it, just doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
Talked to the post master. It's been resolved.

what i would like to know is i have two different QTHs, both equally get mail and boxes from eBay, amazon , qrz etc and only the one home is being charged X amount of $. while the other QTH is never charged $ or late on delivery. I'm not saying my mail carrier is a bad person nor am i trying to be a cry baby about it, just doesn't make sense to me.

Send me $15.78 in cash money and I'll tell you why. :eek:

At my other QTH in another city, this post women every once in a while charges me for my packages. shell deliver the mail but sometimes ring the door bell and will not hand me my packages unless i pay random amounts from: 3 cent's and up to today i had to pay $5.79 she only will take cash etc what the $#^& is up with that? One time i order a $1400 radio off eBay and it was a decent size box she charged me 97 cents and i didnt have it she refused to deliver it ( she said she would send it back if i refused) so i had to ask my neighbor (i don't carry change) for 97 cents. am i being scammed or something? I have called the local post office which is HUGE and they really don't tell me what the deal is...? It's sorta is an issue because when i order larger item's off amazon,eBay etc if she doesn't feel like carrying it shell just deliver whenever she feels like it...
wait a few years for the usps to get privatized,the price of a 1St class letter going across town is going to triple. UPS is not able to deliver mail and neither is FED EX. They deliver their parcels to the post office so they can get them delivered. The difference is the post office is a service and UPS and FED EX are businesses. overnight delivery Via FED EX to my house on a certain item was $245. as opposed to like $40. with the post office. Go ahead and cry about having to pay $.97 more to get your package

I also don't think they charged enough for the package and thats why you were required to fork up more money.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.