• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VARIABLE OUTPUT ON HR 2510?

Stellasstillarat

Aug 14, 2014
Would adding a variable output knob on an hr 2510 cause problems?
I'd like to purchase one but would like to run an amp with it.
If either dropping the AM output to 1 1/2 watts and ssb to 12 watts internally of by adding a variable knob will hurt the performance of what I read was an outstanding rig with or without the 11 meter mod (witch will be done if I purchese one) . I will pass on this rig.

If you want an HR 2510 with a variable power, buy an HR 2600. It had RF power in the place of the RF gain control. As I recall they were a bit more complicated to convert to 11 than the 2510, but were basically the same radio otherwise.

Don't butcher a 2510. They were amazing radios and even now hold up as one of the great ones.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Don't butcher a 2510. They were amazing radios and even now hold up as one of the great ones.

+1. I've had my hands on a completely unmodded President Lincoln which is the same radio here in the UK. Needed a re-alignment but that was because of age rather than screwdrivering and it was realigned to the service manual, not "supertuned."

With its massive 21W on SSB I had no problem making it 4155 miles from the UK to India on 10m and busting through a pile up at the same time using just my Hexbeam at 36ft. My Moxon would've made it an even easier job.

I know it can be done, had a friend that ran one that way.sounded good. had it for 5-6 years with no problems. longest he ever kept a radio, most were gone in 2-3 years.

Why not just get a high drive amp? The 2510 is a great radio. I have one and have been offered serious money for it and I won't sell it.
There are amps out there that adjustable input levels even some the of Cheapo Italian amps have it.

If you want to sell it send me some pictures and your price and I might buy it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.