• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VARMINT XL-350

jc4950

May 16, 2005
NJ Trooper
FOR SALE: Here is a Varmint XL-350 linear amplifier for 10 meter. This is a 3 tube amplifier, 1 6KV6A driving 2 6JS6C tubes and will do 300+ watts on my bird meter. Alot of people post on other forums that their Varmint XL-350 amps do from 450 to 500 but on a cheap meter. I don't inflate my wattage. This is a good running amp, not problem with the SWR between the radio and amp. It is in good condition with only a few small scratches on top. The only lamp that does not work is the RF tuning indicator red lamp and is the bulb. When you tune the amp, the lamp gets brighter as you tune it. I use my watt meter so I have no use for the lamp. It doesn't affect the operation of the amplifier. The 2 6JS6C tubes are not original but direct substitutes for 6LF6 tubes. (See NJ7P Tube Database Search website for tube substitutes). If you run 6LF6 tubes, you probable will more wattage out of it but I don't have any 6LF6 tubes laying around (expensive) so I used the 6JS6C. Any questions please email me, Joe, at jc4950@optonline.net. Thanks for looking and GOD BLESS AMERICA. Due to the increase prices of postage, the amp is alittle expexsive to ship 30.00

FOR SALE: Here is a Varmint XL-350 linear amplifier for 10 meter. This is a 3 tube amplifier, 1 6KV6A driving 2 6JS6C tubes and will do 300+ watts on my bird meter. Alot of people post on other forums that their Varmint XL-350 amps do from 450 to 500 but on a cheap meter. I don't inflate my wattage. This is a good running amp, not problem with the SWR between the radio and amp. It is in good condition with only a few small scratches on top. The only lamp that does not work is the RF tuning indicator red lamp and is the bulb. When you tune the amp, the lamp gets brighter as you tune it. I use my watt meter so I have no use for the lamp. It doesn't affect the operation of the amplifier. The 2 6JS6C tubes are not original but direct substitutes for 6LF6 tubes. (See NJ7P Tube Database Search website for tube substitutes). If you run 6LF6 tubes, you probable will more wattage out of it but I don't have any 6LF6 tubes laying around (expensive) so I used the 6JS6C. Any questions please email me, Joe, at jc4950@optonline.net. Thanks for looking and GOD BLESS AMERICA. Due to the increase prices of postage, the amp is alittle expexsive to ship 30.00

Sorry Guys I forgot to put the price in the post 275.00 + 30.00 shipping

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.