• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vector 4000 7/8 Wave Base Antenna

i have 3 vectors, they work superb when they are setup correctly but are so weak they are close to useless as a permanent base antenna, the sirtel 2000 is the same as a sirio 2008, they work ok but are also too weak in strong winds and the mounting bracket bends too, try looking at the sirio 827, pretty strong and good performance or look at the interceptor i10k very strong and better performance with the best customer service you could hope for.

Thanks

OK there my answer ,fair wether antennas and maine ..well I rest my case.

Go ahead and say u know u want to .....

I can hear it now "Its a 10k world out there"

SHeesh :)

Re: Thanks

DxExpress said:
Go ahead and say u know u want to .....

I can hear it now "Its a 10k world out there"

If you want a mechanically strong and electrically efficient antenna, then yes, it's an I10K World.

But don't think for a minute that Jay is performing any miracles out here with the I10K!!! Its a simple 5/8 wave antenna and nothing more...OK, maybe you do get a little more...

Jay decided to step it up a notch and make it stronger. Better materials, more overlap, engineered element stepping, it all adds to the mechanical strength of the antenna.

He also spent YEARS getting the configuration right. He was never happy with the lossy feedpoints of similar antennas and he worked and worked it until one day it WORKED! I mean really WORKED!! The losses found in other feedpoints equals less signal IN and OUT. Get rid of the loss, and you have a better antenna! Its like listening to music with your fingers in your ears...you can still hear the music, but at less decibles (db). Pull your fingers out and BAM!

An antenna does not "trasmit" better than it "hears" as has been stated in another post recently. Engineer an antenna correctly, and you will have something like the I10K!

Of course, if Jay was trying to actully make money doing this, he screwed up BIG TIME! The other manufactures have done a good job of stuffing their pocket books with your $$$ while turning out inferior products with HIGH profit margins! Do you think an antenna manufacture would sty in business long if they didn't make a profit? You buy an antenna for $85.00; it probably cost them $25.00 to build. Remember, there are import fees, distributor mark ups, dealer profit, etc. You get what you pay for!

Jay could easily sell his antenna for $350.00! Those who want the best will find a way! Those who complain about the $250.00 price tag will continue to complain and are really not relevant. I do think it is funny that these same people have no problem plopping down $450.00 for a Galaxy/RCI/ect base, then spending another $100.00 to get it modified by their local tech; when they could have purchased a Cobra 2000 which is CLEARLY a superior radio, for $250.00.

The BEST money you will EVER spend on a radio system is in the antenna and feedline!

"If you got a $10.00 head, buy a $10.00 helmet!"
(Bell Helmet Quote)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.