• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vector 4000 type

secret squirrel

Lustrous Potentate
Oct 5, 2008
Washington, PA
Sirio makes a copy of this antenna. We have some pretty extensive threads about modifications for broadband. For standard 11 meter usage are people how have set them up pleased with the results. Got the tax return back. Going to set up a base antenna at my fathers home. So I am debating Vector 4000, vs Astroplan vs A99, vs homemade dipole. I am using a homemade dipole now as my base antenna at my home. I had an A99 and a 1/4 GP Radio Shack in the past. Just looking for ideas. I will not be able to get a lot of height. Going to be set up on the side of a wooden shed about 50 feet from the house.

Reactions: Slowmover

I have a Sirio V4K at 40 feet to the feed point on the corner of my house. I also have a Sirio M400 Star Duster at 23 feet on the corner of my detached garage. Sometimes I can hear low level DX on the 4K that I don't hear on the Star Duster. Of course they are on different radios, and different heights, and different locations. I have a few radios on the 4K connected with an antenna switch so I can flip back and forth to different radios and they are all about the same in this way on the 4K.

Thank you for the reply. I mentioned this in another post. I am setting up a base station for my son to operated he visits his grandfather. My father wanted to use the side of house to mount, but the shed is about 50 feet away with no obstructions. I will probably just have the antenna at 18 feet and have the coax buried running through PVC pipe back to the house. Will most likely put up a scanner antenna on the shed too for the boys.

I used to run my Intercepter 10K on one end of the house at 35 feet to the feedpoint , and a old 1/4 wave Droopy Drawers on the other end at 22 feet to the feed point.
During DX conditions it was a even toss up between the 2 antennas if the band was open.
Local, the 10k had the bigger signal , unless I wanted to talk over the hill down into the valley.
In that case, the 1/4 wave had a better signal.
I was down in a valley and the smaller antenna just got over the hill better.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated