• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vent the tank please.

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
Incredible video.
Fast forward to the 2 minute mark, and turn on the sound.

Here is what happens when you start pumping liquid from a tanker without installing the safety vent or blocking the man hole open.
I have seen tanks collapsed from pumping without opening a vent, but this is the first trailer I have seen implode.

Jeff

That is just friken crazy!!!! Would have never dreamed that could be so violent.
Remind me to stay away from Gas trucks unloading fuel.
I think back now about working in all those refineries, during my 40 years as Journeyman Electrician :-(
Not to mention working in gas stations when I was a teenager!!!!!
To all the newbie's, that's when every vehicle that came in for fuel, you as the attendant PUMPED their gas, lifted the hood checked ALL the fluids; then washed the windows.
Then took the money and completed the sale, all for maybe $1.50 an hour regardless of weather conditions!!!!!
Damn I am old :love::LOL:
All the Best
Gary

Yes, that's crazy.

I worked in the Food processing industry for many years, I got called in at 3 AM one day, for a "problem"
When I got to the plant they had started pumping out a 3,500 gallon juice tank without opening the vent.
Tank had partially collapsed when they caught it.
We " fixxed" it.
Filled the tank with water, closed it up tight , and pressurized the tank to pop the sides back out.
Please note:
Filled the tank with water first!
Never try that with a empty tank!
Guy kept his job, learned a very valuable lesson.

Jeff

Not to mention working in gas stations when I was a teenager!!!!!
To all the newbie's, that's when every vehicle that came in for fuel, you as the attendant PUMPED their gas, lifted the hood checked ALL the fluids; then washed the windows.
Then took the money and completed the sale, all for maybe $1.50 an hour regardless of weather conditions.
Gary
Ah ya, been there, done that too...........

several years back seen a guy open hopper doors on his trailer. soybean meal needs venting too. heard a PING,PING,PING,PING BOOM the tarp bows collapsed then sides caved in.
he used the feed mill phone n called his company. they sounded very upset. brand new trailer n a untrained new steering wheel holder. not a good combo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.