• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vertical antenna

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
Was looking at the Siri Vector 4000 but it doesn’t seem to be available. Hearing they shortened the I-Max 2000 is that true. Was wonder what to get. Didn’t want to go with an antenna with Radials. Is the Sirio gain master or something else the antenna of choice. Thanks

Friend of mine just bought a Max 2000. He said his was 23 ft. 4 inches from tip to bottom assembled. His was spot on(no adjustment) for 11 meter, and is working very good.

Reactions: 357magnum
https://www.escelkin.com/catalog/?id=0000000IMAX-2000

He drove from our woods NC, and picked it up at the store because he had to take an amp to Ray's Electronics in Elkin, NC to have fixed.

He did say he had to tighten the tuning rings because they were a kind of loose, but did not move the tuning rings.

75, the ad for the Imax link that you posted above plainly shows the Max 2000 is 24' feet long while your buddy measures his IMax at 23'4".

At least from the spring of 2018, there has been plenty of discussions on this forum about the varying lengths for the Imax antenna.

Some have suggested the length has changed from 24' to about 22', and it was also said to likely be due to changes in shipping charges for long packages. With the New shorter Imax at 22' feet...it is also said it will no longer work well for CB as is.

Once again.

My friend just bought a Max 2000. Not the old Imax. His measured 23 ft. 4 inches assembled top to bottom. Did not have to move the rings, and it was spot on for 11 meter.

I don't care what the link I posted says. They are selling the new Max 2000. They just never bothered to change the description I reckon.

Pretty sure he said the directions said to shorten the top to tune for 10 meter.

Talked to my friend again last night, and he said his Max 2000 was 23 ft 5.5 inches. I thought he said 23 ft. 4 inches, but I remembered wrong.

Thats a good sign. And also Bell's answered my question ( same Day, WoW ) and The Imax 2000 is still 10 meters. Might have to give The Maxx 2000 a try Or the gain master. still looking

@Marconi
W8JI Tom said:
If you build a 1/4 wave vertical GP with down sloped radials, like the old Shooting Star antenna, it will be a better antenna than almost anything else you can do. It will have less common mode, it will be less sensitive to mast or tower size, and it will have as much or more gain along the horizon and useful low angles than any other vertical you could install.

The closest rival is a 1/2 wave with flat radials, but it is more complex and barely any advantage.

A 1/4 GP with downsloped 1/4 wave radials is an almost perfect direct match to 50 ohm cable. The radial angle sets SWR minimum.

All of these supposed broadband CB antennas like the Imax and others are actually single band antennas. I understand people use some of these things on different bands, but some of them work on odd bands because the excite the feedline and supporting mast like a longwire. Some of them work because of losses or because someone just uses a tuner.

Because they "make contact" or "tune with a tuner" does not mean the antenna is multiband.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated