• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VErtical Antenna

Happy_Hamer

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2001
20 meter 5/8 wave

20m58basetj1.jpg

Hello HH:

Yeah those look like the Maco V 5/8 base assembly, with a big time insulator.

I don't know how they would work, but my 20 meter I-10K 5/8 vertical, that was 41 feet tall kicked some major a$$ on 20 meters. I was such a big strap on 20 that talking to eveyone was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Jay in the Mojave

Vertical GP

I have a 20m 1/4 wave at 30ft and just love it...sometimes I can work stations on it I can not get with my wire beams. The plus of hearing Omni-directional is great . I have seen many times when conditions are marginal that the GP is better just as the bands begin to open or as they are closing down.
All the Best
BJ

Hello KC:

The 41 feet tall 20 Meter Interceptor 10K Antenna uses two heavy walled lengths of Aluminum Tubing, 12 feet long. (It is a prototype antenna using left over and new materials.) This is done to insure the mechnical resilance of the vertical element. Light weight .058 wall thickness is only used for the top half of the antenna. So you will need a pretty good tower for all this, at 41 feet long and with 4 each 16 foot ground plane radials. Even with the heavy walled aluminum tubing it would advisable to guy wire the 41 foot tall antenna with nylon rope.

I will sell it for 600 dollars, plus shipping. The truck shipping will probably go for 300 to 500 dollars or maybe even more?. This is why I have not offered it on the market.

Jay in the Mojave

Maybe so Jay
But you are not willing to sell your version 20 meter 5/8 wave antenna

Mr. Jay a Question

Jay: What was the size tubing and diameter of the inductive loop on the 5/8th's 20m antenna. I might want to lengthen my 1/4 wave to a 1/2 wave...the tubing I have on-site will not be strong enough to go the full length of the 5/8's...

That's if you do not mind giving that info up here...

Just brainstorming... My 20m 1/4 wave needs somework on the elevated radials... thought when I bring it down off the small tower I might rework it.
Thanks
All the Best
BJ

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.