• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"Very little actual talk time" LMAO!

LOL.....I guess most CB'er's do not understand that dirt is conductive! Gota love stacked up cheap ceramic disc cap's right up against the transformer that has to be so temperature stable! LOL Lose one cap and the entire sirciut is now wrong! LOL All that solder every place too looks like a plumber was in the box! LOL

Who would pay $500 for that? Good grief.

Reactions: psycho
Cheap disc caps have no business in a box like that! Especially bad is using 4-5 caps do to the job that one cap can easily do. You now have 4-5 places that can fail instead of one! It also makes troubleshooting more labor intensive. Ceramic disc caps are the opposite of temperature stable so putting it by a heat source or in a hot area is a terrible idea! It lowers cost but it also lowers performance, durability and proper functioning! This is exactly one of many reasons I hate the CB amps designed, built and copied in that industry/hobby! They take a bad design and make it 10,000 times worse in an attempt to save very little money.

Joe at Davemade solders one hell of a lot better than that. I would say during the limited use, transistors were replaced....filter caps were added when they didn't need to be........plus large hookup wire was added when 10 gauge is plenty for the short run.
I never heard of a 5 pill swinging 1100 watts peak unless running at 16+ volts.

Joe at Davemade solders one hell of a lot better than that. I would say during the limited use, transistors were replaced....filter caps were added when they didn't need to be........plus large hookup wire was added when 10 gauge is plenty for the short run.
I never heard of a 5 pill swinging 1100 watts peak unless running at 16+ volts.
You see idiots on youtube and facebook all the time showing thier 4 pill swinging into 900-1100 watt's usually they have 2-3 Bird 43's.......You could not make this stuff up if you tried. Truth is crazier than fiction in this case!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated