• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Very rare conditions last night on 11 meters!

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
Last night around 9:00pm (west coast time) I hooked up with a couple stations from Whitehorse in the Yukon and then a couple stations from Alaska. While this is nothing rare or unusual it's what follows is.

I was noticing some AM hetrodyne on 38lsb, so I swing my beam around in different directions and what I found was; down on ch 3 & 4 was lots of traffic coming in from Japan. While one may ask; why is that so unusual?

Well, it's very rare to hear any stations from along the Asia coast at this time of year and with the bottom of the cycle at it's low point, then that makes it more rare. Also, this was late at night, which even when the cycle was at it's peak, I would never hear any stations from Japan any later than 5:00 pm and never after the month of FEB!

I have an idea that these conditions may have been caused from the Aurora, which I should of checked the Aurora Plot to see if this could of been the cause.

So is this a prelude to whats to come, like what the scienist have been saying, that the intensity of next cycle will be the stongest ever know?

Guess in a few more years we shall know.

Whats going on, all of a sudden I have conditions few weeks back and has not stoped yet, well maybe a day or so but does this mean the cycle is starting and starting big? Is this just a fluke of some sort and still have to wait a few years?

I dont know alot about sun spot cycle but I thought it would be a little more time for me to get my station all setup for the big cycle.

AP

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1