• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VHF UHF sat

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
so, i got my kenwood tm-d710a all hooked up mobile working great.

what else can i do besides talk simplex and talk repeaters.... any sat or...other stuff to listen or talk to ...? it appears on the B side i can listen to 220mhz,500mhz,700mhz-1200mhz.

AO 27 and SO 50 are the only FM sats left working now and they transmit and receive on the same frequencies with SO 50 needing a tone on the uplink. AO 27 is only available on ascending passes in the northern hemisphere for 7 minutes about when it crosses 30 degrees North latitude

If you are going to try working the satellites, let me give you a word of advice, DO NOT TRANSMIT UNLESS YOU CAN HEAR THE SATELLITE, and open your squelch. check out this site for recorded satellite passes and some info on working the birds. General Satellite Recordings

Ya but Dave, the self proclaimed Satellite Instructors might disagree about full duplex, they would rather you QRM the bird than hear yourself or anyone else for that matter.. :bdh:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.