• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Video/review of the revolutionary Icom-7300 Software defined Export CB

And where do you get this "Fact" that the Rx is not very good.?
Compared to an "export" it's a vast improvement I'm sure....but not on par with say a Flex/Apache SDR or anything Elecraft. My buddy sold his 7300 and put his Kenwood 590sg back in line. We both liked the receiver better... 7300 sounds great on air and is a good rig. It has the water fall and touch screen but it's not the absolute best thing out there.. my .02

Reactions: Road Squawker
In the eyes of an 11m/Export user, the aforementioned 7300 is an amazing radio, in the ham world, it's a so-so rig. There are many radios that are better and few that are worse. The OP did a nice review and I can honestly see why he would be so excited about this radio but in the overall scope of things, it just doesn't all pan out.

Yes, it is just a so-so ham rig. But as a $1000 ham start-up radio, it is a lot of radio for the low price. Lot's of features and well equipped. That's the point, low price and very good starting out ham radio.
Yes, there are bigger, better ham rigs out there, spend the dollars and they are available.

Reactions: old goat 321
In the eyes of an 11m/Export user, the aforementioned 7300 is an amazing radio, in the ham world, it's a so-so rig. There are many radios that are better and few that are worse. The OP did a nice review and I can honestly see why he would be so excited about this radio but in the overall scope of things, it just doesn't all pan out.
If anything, the OP learned the difference between an export and a real HF radio, or did he?

Yes, it is just a so-so ham rig. But as a $1000 ham start-up radio, it is a lot of radio for the low price. Lot's of features and well equipped. That's the point, low price and very good starting out ham radio.
You and I classify "low priced" differently. Something that is a mortgage payment is not low priced to me but I can see to others it could be given its "features".

You and I classify "low priced" differently. Something that is a mortgage payment is not low priced to me but I can see to others it could be given its "features".

No, no.......
I think we are in agreement.....
My meaning is that the Icom 7300 radio is low priced when comparing to the cost of the ham radios referred to by others that say there are better receiving ham rigs. Those radios they refer to cost way more than the I-7300 .....

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
No, no.......
My meaning is that the Icom 7300 radio is low priced when comparing to the cost of the ham radios referred to by others that say there are better receiving ham rigs. Those radios they refer to cost way more than the I-7300 .....

I was going to say that. Compared to most other radios on the market the 7300 is almost a steal.

No, no.......
I get what you meant now and yes I agree

I've operated a number of "modern" radios side by side with my TS-830S. There is a reason why I haven't upgraded. The amount of money I'd have to spend to hear a significant change in received audio isn't worth it .

If you haven't lived with a TS-830 there is no way to explain.
Sure the TS-990, FT-3000, 756 ProII, and even the TS-2000 have a "better" receiver but I'd have to give up my tube final and shell out close to $1k or more. Just the ability to tolerate a bit of VSWR as well as exceptional TX audio are the TS-830's strong points. It lacks any form of DSP. Tubes are so 60's. I have to guess at the last digit. I'm always repairing something. It weighs a ton in comparison to modern radios....

Finally , 7300 an export CB ? Bourbon on your cornflakes or what ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.