• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Video/review of the revolutionary Icom-7300 Software defined Export CB

No, I don't have to drive my 7300 hard at all. RF power output setting at 50% will...................

You don't have to turn the power up to 100% to drive a rig "real hard".
You can drive the snot out of a rig @ 10% output.

How much is your ALC deflecting?

i sent it back to the place i bought it from. they paid for shipping. and they are fixing it for free. they should ive spent over 7.000 in the last 6 months.

http://www.sherweng.com/table.html

There are worse receivers but there certainly are better receivers than the 7300.

How much are those better receivers?

IC-7300 about the size of a lunchbox and you can take with you anywhere turnkey setup with live spectrum display and etc.. etc.. for 1198 or even less with rebate.

You do not seem to get that the IC-7300 is a lot of bang for the buck and 5 years ago you could not find anything for less than 1200 with a the ability to display a slice of the spectrum in real time

IC-7300 is revolutionary in many ways and this is just the beginning. I do not see anything right now that offers everything the IC-7300 for that price. \

Reactions: L2
Compared to an "export" it's a vast improvement I'm sure....but not on par with say a Flex/Apache SDR or anything Elecraft. My buddy sold his 7300 and put his Kenwood 590sg back in line. We both liked the receiver better... 7300 sounds great on air and is a good rig. It has the water fall and touch screen but it's not the absolute best thing out there.. my .02

How much that Elecraft or the Flex etc..
and who wants to cart around a computer etc.. I can take this small IC-7300 anywhere and start operating in minutes, no PC required etc.

Yeah Ferrari makes cars with more performance than a Honda accord.

Reactions: L2
How much are those better receivers?

IC-7300 about the size of a lunchbox and you can take with you anywhere turnkey setup with live spectrum display and etc.. etc.. for 1198 or even less with rebate.

You do not seem to get that the IC-7300 is a lot of bang for the buck and 5 years ago you could not find anything for less than 1200 with a the ability to display a slice of the spectrum in real time

IC-7300 is revolutionary in many ways and this is just the beginning. I do not see anything right now that offers everything the IC-7300 for that price. \

Oh I get it believe me I really do. What you don't seem to get us that I wasn't talking about any price point. I simply said there were better receivers. My OLD Kenwood TS-820S has a better receiver when subjected to strong adjacent signals. The TX sounds better too.

Oh I get it believe me I really do.... My OLD Kenwood TS-820S has a better receiver when subjected to strong adjacent signals. The TX sounds better too.

... and so does my cheap FT 891@ about 1/2 the price of a 7300.

If you think it's the best thing since sliced bread,that's fine,....however,.......

This is one of the best rigs I've had the pleasure to own. It's pretty amazing for the price point.
Icom hit it out of the ballpark with this transceiver.

Reactions: Ranch55
Nope.

Receiver Test Data:

Dynamic range narrow spaced:

TS820 78dB @3kHz
Icom 7300 97dB @2kHz

Ooops....you are right. Next time I'll wear my glasses. :D Actually a local has an 820 and a 7300 and he made the claim about the 820 being a better receiver and I just took his word based on how mine performs. Either way I do know the adjacent freq. rejection is indeed better than some of the newer rigs. It actually puts the FT-857 to shame in the presence of a STRONG signal but that is typical of the wide band general coverage receivers with no preselector or "roofing" filters. With the 857 you can hear buckshot 10+ KHz away that disappears on the 820 after about 4 Khz.

At $1,300 I don't know about it being a bargain.
A capable radio however.
I have spent some time with one but haven't lived with one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.