1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Virage VX-3000 sideband base rare

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Retro CB Guy, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Retro CB Guy

Retro CB Guy Active Member

Hi everyone, I doubt I'll get any replys on this lmao ! But surely someone or a small group or area of people must know about this radio I'm after !

I'm not at liberty to know how many was made, so I'll assume a few hand select or collection of them folks.

I do know of only one person who owns one and he won't sell his !

He told me he bought it on eBay though. I've put it in my saved searches but years has gone by and NOTHING !

So I figured it was about time to put the word out and I'm willing to pay an unreasonable amount for a good working one or a reasonable amount for a non working one if the cosmetics aspect is still decent on it.

From the heading you can see I'm talking about a Virage VX-3000 base which has AM/SSB and a very unique radio indeed.

In fact, also if anyone can build this for me or know where I can get a majority of the specific parts to get it done would be welcome too...

I'll leave you good folk with some pictures thanks, James

Attached Files:

2. jon666

jon666 Sr. Member

looks like a president washington mated with a royce radio.

3. Retro CB Guy

The body looks like a Galaxy 2547 base to me actually.

4. Mustang 131

Mustang 131 Well-Known Member

Bizarre...dam that's a cool looking rig.

Retro CB Guy likes this.
  5. Chevboy0167

Chevboy0167 Active Member

Neat!

6. Blackcat630

Blackcat630 Sr. Member

That's weird. Can say I've never seen this before. Looks like a custom export in a Washington case...?

7. Rwb

Rwb Well-Known Member

Well if ya build 1 id sell you a lafayette telstat 140 for parts,has dual meters n switches.its a parts only radio.will lite up on dc connecter and work ,ac has power coming out of transformer but derails somewhere in the power box section.its rough not worth fixing but lots of doner parts

8. Mustang 131

Prototype? A tech with too much free time?

Rwb likes this.
  9. sunbulls

sunbulls Well-Known Member

The only thing I can come up with is a short description of the radio that is written in polish. Assuming Poland and maybe other European countries sold the radio, I would try to contact dealers in that area. Since this does look like an offshoot of the President line, possibly President Electronics out of Poland could give you a lead on some dealers?
    Ask the dealers to post your wanted item on their bulletin board. If you don’t have free calls to Europe setup, now’s the time to upgrade.

You just know there’s one sitting in some repair shop over there.

http://www.mera-cb.com/in/The_sales_network.php

Also search Poland’s E-bay on occasion https://www.ebay.pl

#9 sunbulls, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Retro CB Guy and Rwb like this.
  10. Mustang 131

I'ld buy one. It's like owning a unicorn.

Blackcat630 likes this.
  11. Retro CB Guy

Thanks very much and keeping all this in mind. I really want one badly lol !

73's Retro

12. jon666

jon666 Sr. Member

rare or not i personally not pay much for a washington that mated with a royce. just a 4 watt radio with to many buttons most i would pay for one is 150.00