• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Virage VX-3000 sideband base rare

Retro CB Guy

Jun 22, 2014
Hi everyone, I doubt I'll get any replys on this lmao ! But surely someone or a small group or area of people must know about this radio I'm after !

I'm not at liberty to know how many was made, so I'll assume a few hand select or collection of them folks.

I do know of only one person who owns one and he won't sell his !

He told me he bought it on eBay though. I've put it in my saved searches but years has gone by and NOTHING !

So I figured it was about time to put the word out and I'm willing to pay an unreasonable amount for a good working one or a reasonable amount for a non working one if the cosmetics aspect is still decent on it.

From the heading you can see I'm talking about a Virage VX-3000 base which has AM/SSB and a very unique radio indeed.

In fact, also if anyone can build this for me or know where I can get a majority of the specific parts to get it done would be welcome too...

I'll leave you good folk with some pictures thanks, James

Attachments

• CB TRICKS PAGE HOLDER for Virage VX-3000.jpg
    CB TRICKS PAGE HOLDER for Virage VX-3000.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN4522.JPG
    DSCN4522.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • DSCN4523.JPG
    DSCN4523.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
  • DSCN4524.JPG
    DSCN4524.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 63
  • DSCN4525.JPG
    DSCN4525.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
  • DSCN4526.JPG
    DSCN4526.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • DSCN4527.JPG
    DSCN4527.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
  • DSCN4528.JPG
    DSCN4528.JPG
  • DSCN4529.JPG
    DSCN4529.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
  • DSCN4530.JPG
    DSCN4530.JPG

Well if ya build 1 id sell you a lafayette telstat 140 for parts,has dual meters n switches.its a parts only radio.will lite up on dc connecter and work ,ac has power coming out of transformer but derails somewhere in the power box section.its rough not worth fixing but lots of doner parts

The only thing I can come up with is a short description of the radio that is written in polish. Assuming Poland and maybe other European countries sold the radio, I would try to contact dealers in that area. Since this does look like an offshoot of the President line, possibly President Electronics out of Poland could give you a lead on some dealers?
Ask the dealers to post your wanted item on their bulletin board. If you don’t have free calls to Europe setup, now’s the time to upgrade.

You just know there’s one sitting in some repair shop over there.

http://www.mera-cb.com/in/The_sales_network.php

Also search Poland’s E-bay on occasion https://www.ebay.pl

Last edited:
The only thing I can come up with is a short description of the radio that is written in polish. Assuming Poland and maybe other European countries sold the radio, I would try to contact dealers in that area. Since this does look like an offshoot of the President line, possibly President Electronics out of Poland could give you a lead on some dealers?
Ask the dealers to post your wanted item on their bulletin board. If you don’t have free calls to Europe setup, now’s the time to upgrade.

You just know there’s one sitting in some repair shop over there.

http://www.mera-cb.com/in/The_sales_network.php

Also search Poland’s E-bay on occasion https://www.ebay.pl

Thanks very much and keeping all this in mind. I really want one badly lol !

73's Retro

rare or not i personally not pay much for a washington that mated with a royce. just a 4 watt radio with to many buttons most i would pay for one is 150.00

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated