• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Virage VX 68!

S

superduck62

I need the freq. modification for this radio. It has the ranger board but does not have the same conversion as the rci 6300 or 6900. It has the jumper & wire plug adjustment but has no resistor to remove. What am i missing. Thanks

my vx-68

you dont know how mamy forums ive read trying to to find out how to convert my vx-68 and finally run across your post. would you be interested in informing me with your conversion method,i have looked everywhere and did find one for the vx-38. but i run across your post and thought i would ask if you still had or knew the coversion for the vx-68 i would appriciate it. thanks fatboy

yeah its been a few years since his last post on this subject ,im just trying to get this radio converted over so i can get it in line and start talking .

1.. FIND J28. MOVE JUMPER PINS FROM 1-2 TO 2-3.

2.. FIND J4. UNPLUG AND PLUG INTO J2

3.. ON THE BAND SELECTOR, THERE IS A WHITE, RED, AND BLACK WIRE. REMOVE

THE WHITE WIRE THAT IS SOLDERED TO THE RED WIRE AND SOLDER THE WHITE AND

BLACK WIRES TOGETHER.

4.. THE HI/LOW TONE SWITCH NOW BECOMES THE HI/LOW BAND SWITCH.

this is the same info someone gave me the other day and it seams not to be for my radio my vx-68 has a j28 with a single pin and a black connector made to it.and my j4 is blank on my board,and j2 unplugs my mike. so im looking at it wrong or im gettin the info on another radio by the way that j4 and j2 on mine are on a little sub board not the main board. thanks for the info . fatboy

VIRAGE VX-38

That mod. is for the virage vx-38.I have that rig in my cage.That mod you have there i did it to my vx-38.I found nothing on the vx-68:bdh: 73s.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.