• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vista, anyone?

Highlander_821

Amour d'Ecosse
Apr 2, 2005
Central IL
I just got a new computer from Dell, my second one. After hearing all the bad things about Vista, I was thinking that I should get it with XP (which Dell is still offering on new systems) but the salesperson talked me into trying Vista. I wanted to be able to run the latest software, andI figured I could always wipe it out and go with XP if it was a wash.

So far, I have not had much trouble at all with it. At first everything seems really different, but once you start poking around a little, it is easy to figure out.

When things like networking or printing over the network gave me a little trouble, the error messages were actually helpful!

This box is being used primarily to be the media source for my new home theater setup, as it has Blu-ray, regular DVD, HD-TV tuner, CD player, and all my MP3s. It is connected to a Optoma DLP projector with an 8 foot wide screen! It is also on my home LAN, which shares a 1.5 MBPS DSL connection (2 wired, 3 wireless.) It is also my new flight simulator system.

Anyone else have Vista, and how has it been for you?

I just purchaced a new laptop (HP dv6600 series)with Vista Home Premium. Not being a computer geek and using this mainly for entertainment ie web browsing, music, movies and some race car stats, so far has been ok. I'm haveing trouble with it talking to my Linksys router, but I'll get it worked out eventually.

I'm very happy with my new Dell, I have Vista Home Premium also,
I'm no computer geek either, surfing the net and email is about it.

Dell's website {subcategory dell outlet} has some very good deals}

Havent had much trouble with it. Peddler what was the problem connecting to your router? Mine picked it up very quickly with no problems

Ive had vista for a couple of months now. No problems at all . Seems very stable , Fast and great for gaming and videos .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.