• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Voyager 33 CW radio - what can you tell me about it?

Turbo T

Certified CB Rambo
Feb 2, 2011
I picked this up today as part of a package deal along with some other radios. I don't plan to keep and am considering selling. While it works, I discovered it transmits from 26.515-26.955, or just below the 40 channel band. This radio doesn't offer the ability to flip between bands. In looking at it, I noticed a few mica caps removed. Is this how they convert the radio? (I'm not familiar with this one) Thanks.
IMG_5412.JPG IMG_5383.JPG

The channel selector with the Zilog Z8 controller chip is what Cherokee was using back in the day. Looks like these folks hired the same factory as the "Wireless Marketing Co." that sold the Cherokee brand.

Don't see any jumpers on the selector board. That's the usual way to select band options.

I do remember one radio that used the dimmer switch to change bands after it was converted.

The channel selector with the Zilog Z8 controller chip is what Cherokee was using back in the day. Looks like these folks hired the same factory as the "Wireless Marketing Co." that sold the Cherokee brand.

Don't see any jumpers on the selector board. That's the usual way to select band options.

I do remember one radio that used the dimmer switch to change bands after it was converted.

I've circled the area where it appears there were once some jumpers, or caps or something. Not sure if that's how you set these up to talk and hear elsewhere than 28 MHz or what.

Attachments

• IMG_5383.png
    IMG_5383.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
Update: for anyone else that runs into this snag, I found out how to change bands.
1. Turn the dimmer switch to off. The channel LED will change to n1, n2, n3, n4, etc. This is how to change the bands.
2. Use the channel changer to select the bands.
3. Once done turn the dimmer switch back to on. This "locks in" the band.

If I remember right CB was n4. Long story short I got it to work on the CB.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated