• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX-8r The Perfect Concealed Carry Weapon Against Boredom

Marc Duncan

Mar 17, 2009
Raleigh, NC
While on family vacation recently, I discovered the blue tooth feature along with the small compact size of the VX-8r allows for concealment of the radio from my wife.

We both had a lovely time at the outlet mall.

HAHA! And if you get one of those little stubby antennas, you can really hide the thing.

Kind of along the same thread....

Has anyone been able to design / create an attactment for the VX-8r that connects the GPS AND a 2 wire concealed ear piece/ mic? I am thinking about buying an additional CT-136 and opening it to wire in a conector for my ear piece. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also looking for the ability to connect a tactical type ear/mic setup to the radio. Does the mic adapter "CT-131" work for this app.?

I have ordered a spare GPS Mount to see if I can wire in a plug for my ear piece and wrist mic. I really like this type of set up for when off roading. Makes it so much easier to hear.

Does the mic adapter "CT-131" work for this app.?

Yes, I believe that's the part you need. Unfortunately this will also make it difficult to attach the GPS. If you want to use the GPS and a speaker/mic, I think the best option would be the bluetooth unit.

That sounds like a great idea.
I am playing with bluetooth and the current product isn't the greatest.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.