• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX8R deleting memory channels

Qwazyone

Jan 25, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
Doesn't pressing the F/W button for over 1 second, selecting memory number, and then pressing the TX/PO button work? I just searched the pdf operators manual and that is what it came up with.

I have a vx6r and it took me a little bit to figure it out, after pressing the F/W button for one second automatically takes it to the first open memory spot, so I had to switch memory to the ones I wanted to delete before pressing the TX/PO button

That's called "Masking" a memory according to the manual (page 52 on mine). It doesn't actually delete the memory; it just hides it so that it's not visible during memory selection or scanning. I don't know of a way to actually delete the memory contents without software.

Does the method work that is mentioned on page 54, removing memories from a memory bank?

I am on vacation this week and running out of things to do, I liked your video of working satellites and got some results just listening for AO-51, I've heard the same little girl the past two mornings, KF5EGQ. I just had to order the arrow antenna and I will probably find a way to mount it to my camera tripod like K7AGE's video

Does the method work that is mentioned on page 54, removing memories from a memory bank?

Yes, that will get the memory out of the bank, but not delete the memory altogether. Let us know how you do with the satellites :) One thing I don't like about mounting the antenna on the satellite is that for me it makes it a little difficult to twist the elements. That can make a big difference in hearing the other stations as the polarity changes on the pass.

One thing I don't like about mounting the antenna on the satellite is that for me it makes it a little difficult to twist the elements.

Mole- it never occurred to me to try mounting the antenna ON THE SATELLITE! :laugh::laugh: LOL May be on the tripod, or on a handgrip, but not on the satellite. :D

LOL, Yeah well if you could actually mount the antenna ON the satellite, it would make things soooo much easier!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned