• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX8R deleting memory channels

Qwazyone

Jan 25, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
Doesn't pressing the F/W button for over 1 second, selecting memory number, and then pressing the TX/PO button work? I just searched the pdf operators manual and that is what it came up with.

I have a vx6r and it took me a little bit to figure it out, after pressing the F/W button for one second automatically takes it to the first open memory spot, so I had to switch memory to the ones I wanted to delete before pressing the TX/PO button

That's called "Masking" a memory according to the manual (page 52 on mine). It doesn't actually delete the memory; it just hides it so that it's not visible during memory selection or scanning. I don't know of a way to actually delete the memory contents without software.

Does the method work that is mentioned on page 54, removing memories from a memory bank?

I am on vacation this week and running out of things to do, I liked your video of working satellites and got some results just listening for AO-51, I've heard the same little girl the past two mornings, KF5EGQ. I just had to order the arrow antenna and I will probably find a way to mount it to my camera tripod like K7AGE's video

Does the method work that is mentioned on page 54, removing memories from a memory bank?

Yes, that will get the memory out of the bank, but not delete the memory altogether. Let us know how you do with the satellites :) One thing I don't like about mounting the antenna on the satellite is that for me it makes it a little difficult to twist the elements. That can make a big difference in hearing the other stations as the polarity changes on the pass.

One thing I don't like about mounting the antenna on the satellite is that for me it makes it a little difficult to twist the elements.

Mole- it never occurred to me to try mounting the antenna ON THE SATELLITE! :laugh::laugh: LOL May be on the tripod, or on a handgrip, but not on the satellite. :D

LOL, Yeah well if you could actually mount the antenna ON the satellite, it would make things soooo much easier!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.