• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

VX8R + Motorcycle Bluetooth Headsets

kd0fx

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Aug 16, 2009
EN10bt
Have any riders used/paired a VX8R with one of the newer motorcycle bluetooth intercom units, like the Scala G4 or similar? I'd like to find a bluetooth set that will do everything; nav prompts, intercom, VX8R (hopefully with VOX), and cell phone VOX (esp thru the nav pairing). I"m asking because the VX8R seems to not pair with just anything out there.
Any riders doing this? Or am I SOL? If I can't find a way to pair with the 8r, I'll widen my consideration of which APRS HT to get as bluetooth won't be a criteria.

I'm a rider, but don't do the bluetooth thing on the bike. Do you already have the motorcycle bluetooth? If so, you could always purchase the VX-8r, see if it works and if not send it back. Let us know what happens...

I have neither piece at this point. I'm a brand spankin new rider, fresh from the MSF course. I want an APRS on my bike so when I drive off the cliff it might help someone to find my body and I just figured that if I could get bluetooth to work like so, I would do so. If I can't, it's not a big deal. I mostly want the bluetooth for the nav promps so I don't have to take my eyes off the road as much. The intercom is extra sauce and I'm interested in these units as they seem more ready to fit in the helmet than some BT headset I pick up from walmart.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.