• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

W9WDX End of Year Contest with a Twist and a Prize!

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Worldwidedx.com Amateur Radio Club will celebrate the end of 2012 and the start of 2013 with a unique contest, lasting from 1:00 12/21/12 UTC (5PM 12/22/12 Pacific) to 1:00 1/2/2013 UTC (5PM 1/1/2013 Pacific)

This contest has a prize - A high quality, SAL Electronics 90 foot, End Fed Multiband Antenna with 500 watt PEP power handling will be given to the contest winner!

Contest Rules

• The primary objective of the contest is to make contact with as many other club members as possible.
  • The secondary purpose is to promote the club on the air and bring in new members.
  • You may use any authorized Amateur Radio frequency or mode to make a contact. These include, but are not limited to: HF, VHF, UHF, Satellite, D-Star, IRLP, Echolink, all voice modes,digital/sound card modes, and any experimental modes. The idea is to come up with creative ways to make the contact!
  • You may (and probably should) use the W9WDX forum section for setting up skeds to make contacts. If you choose to use the forum, keep the sked posts contained to the W9WDX forum section.
  • You increase your chances of winning by making on-the-air contacts with other hams and inviting them to join the W9WDX club. New members that sign up during the contest are eligible for the prize. New members must get their name on the roster before the contest ends by following the instructions on this link. The same link can be found in the main club announcement in this forum section.
  • Post your logs in this forum section: W9WDX Contest Logs before the end of the contest. One thread per member entry. You may use that forum section to maintain your log "as you go" if you wish. New members must also post their logs to be eligible.
  • Contacts will be cross referenced against other members logs to determine the final tally
  • In the event of a tie, the Sal Electronics antenna prize gets cut in half and is shared between both members. Just kidding! :love: Members that tie will have their callsign drawn at random by my youngest daughter to determine the prize winner (we may alter this rule if someone comes up with a better idea)

Above all else, have fun!

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask.

Don't ask me why, but when I saw "with a twist and a prize", I pictured you wearing the tiny Damon Waynes hat doing "two snaps and a twist..."

Mad TV flashback I recon.

Is this contest for club members only, or can us low-life non-amateurs participate too ??

The contest will be held on Amateur frequencies, so that makes it a bit difficult for those without a license to participate. This isn't a status symbol thing: W9WDX is the FCC callsign for an Amateur Radio club. If someone wants to start up a contest for the CDX club, noone on the site is going to stop them.

The contest will be held on Amateur frequencies, so that makes it a bit difficult for those without a license to participate. This isn't a status symbol thing: W9WDX is the FCC callsign for an Amateur Radio club. If someone wants to start up a contest for the CDX club, noone on the site is going to stop them.

This post should be rewritten as follows:

This contest will be held on amateur frequencies in order that it be IMPOSSIBLE FOR FORUM MEMBERS WITHOUT A LICENSE to participate. The Administrators of the forum do not want to sponsor a contest for the CDX club. If someone wants to start a contest don't expect any help or prizes from the Administrators of the forum ... EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUPPORTING MEMBER.

"This is not a status symbol thing" ... BULLSHIT !!!

Please remove me from the forum membership IMMEDIATELY.

I don't enjoy contesting myself, but I don't believe any of the mods here would discourage a CDX club contest.

If someone would volunteer to coordinate a similar contest, I'm sure it would be supported along with some sort of trinket offered as a prize.

I've been licensed since 1974, but I align myself with the CB'er crowd more than the HAM'S. It's how I started out and where I feel most at home.

If someone wants to initiate a CDX club contest and needs a donated prize, I've got some cool stuff lying around that I can part with.

Last edited:
This post should be rewritten as follows:

This contest will be held on amateur frequencies in order that it be IMPOSSIBLE FOR FORUM MEMBERS WITHOUT A LICENSE to participate. The Administrators of the forum do not want to sponsor a contest for the CDX club. If someone wants to start a contest don't expect any help or prizes from the Administrators of the forum ... EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUPPORTING MEMBER.

"This is not a status symbol thing" ... BULLSHIT !!!

Please remove me from the forum membership IMMEDIATELY.

Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? It is an AMATEUR RADIO CLUB . If you do not like it here then YOU can remove YOURSELF from forum membership IMMEDIATELY YOURSELF by simply not coming here any more. We do not delete memberships as it serves no purpose. We will ban for offenses but simply leaving is entirely up to the individual member.

BTW please take note of my signature line.

Your move.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.