• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

W9WDX Field Day 10 meter contest THIS WEEKEND!

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
The ARRL Field Day is THIS WEEKEND, 6/23-6/24. The W9WDX Worldwidedx.com Amateur Radio Club will hold an informal 6m and 10m club contest to coincide with the same time frames / dates. Here's how to participate:

1. Get on 6m & 10m and try to make contacts with other club members.
2. Post your logs in the W9WDX Contest Logs forum - one thread per member.
3. In the subject of your log thread, indicate whether or not you are operating portable or at your home station.

Scoring:
1. Home stations get 1 point for every member they contact
2. Portable stations get 2 points for every member they contact while portable.
3. If you get another, non-member station to sign up for BOTH worldwidedx.com AND the W9WDX Club, you get 5 points. The new member must make a new, brief post in the Club forum section introducing themself and indicating the callsign of the station that referred them so we can score it accurately.
4. New members can join in the contest at any time!
5. This contest is just for FUN, so scoring is "on your honor"

Let us know if you have any questions!

This is good timing. Just finishing up the 80M OCF Dipole. So far the analyzer says it's good to go with no tuner on 10M, and others :) We are up about 50' which is 2x what the regular 80M dipole was, so I should be doing a little better :) hope to hear some of you now!!

Is there going to be any W9WDX members on 20 or 40m at night?

Just wondering.
Hopefully, I will have my dipole up and running before the weekend.

If we want to expand the contest to all available bands, it's fine by me. This is OUR club - we can do what we like with the contest :p. Let me know if that's what we want to do so I can update the contest rules.

Question, if we are calling for the club are we using the club call sign ? All of the field day operations I have been at we call the clubs call sign. Now i understand that we are not all meeting in a group in one place, and having a club field day. So what is your guidance all mighty trustee ?

I am going to try the club calling freq's of
50.170...(I picked this one) Home of the Great Lakes SSB Net/7:00pm EST/ Sat
At the TOP of each hour, I'll be operating....I'll call for W9WDX Club members....
Or Post-up where you are operating and under what call sign and I'll try a call to you there on your freq....
Going to be 95 deg+ temp wise here Sat...going to be Brutal!

Updated forecast: Central IND: Mid/High 80's(85-88 degs) (60-70% humidity)....
Little better but I'll take it!
High 60's-70's during set-up time Sat. morning....I like that!

BUT it's FD....
Looking forward to Hitching up with you'al:tongue:....
I'll have 80-6 meter antennas
80-15m Will be a Horizontal Lazy-H....
1/2 w GP for 10m....Maybe a 1/4 w GP for 20m
HB 3 element for 6m
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB....2A-IN

PS: I watch cluster.....DXWATCH.com

Last edited:
I will be running 28.445 as much as I can this weekend out of the mobile.
The band conditions have been really poor for a while now, but I will be working it as much as I can.
Listen for KE6LYU.
I hope to put as many contacts as I can in the log.

Jeff

Question, if we are calling for the club are we using the club call sign ? All of the field day operations I have been at we call the clubs call sign. Now i understand that we are not all meeting in a group in one place, and having a club field day. So what is your guidance all mighty trustee ?

I would just use your own callsign and include in your call that you're either "with" W9WDX or "looking" for club members. It really only makes sense for one location to actually use W9WDX as their primary call. So far, noone has reserved the club call sign for primary use, so we may not hear anyone calling like that.

Probably to far, but a group in Ft Wayne In was demoing old stuff and working 7.885 AM.
They had a home brew two watt qrp AM and I received W9TE at s9, then I'm near Indy.
Their 30w station much louder.
Many on 75 and two on 160 20&15 loaded. Nada on 10 or 6 here.

Well 10m was a total bust for this weekend. I heard an opening on 6m to Texas late Saturday, but that was it.

I guess the lesson learned this time was that next year we should make the field day club contest all-band.

I made 3 contacts all weekend on Ten, Rob on his New Flex Radio, and a couple of guy`s running mobile that were in the Area for the weekend, but the conditions were indeed sad on Ten.....now 20 meters, that band was hopping!

jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.