• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WAE DX Contest, CW

928bolo

Supporting Member
Jul 7, 2008
www.nb3r.com
This is a fun contest. You only work EU and EU only works non EU stations. The unique feature of this contest is the EU station can request "QTC". A QTC is a copy of the data from a prior QSO in your log. Only stations outside Europe can send QTCs to stations in Europe. A QTC contains the time (UTC), call sign you worked, and the serial number you were given in the QSO.

For example 0223 9A5SSS 187 means that I worked 9A5SSS at 02:23 UTC and he gave me serial number 187.

Each QSO may only be reported once as a QTC and you can't send a station his own report. Every QTC that was correctly transferred, counts one point for the sender and one point for the
receiver. Two stations may exchange up to 10 QTCs maximum. So one QSO can turn into 11 points. You can easily double your QSO points by sending QTCs.

Sending the QTCs is easy if you use a contest logging program like N1MM. It knows the rules and tracks everything for you automatically. It even automates the sending of the QTCs. Few people do this manually.

QTC.PNG

I know this may not interest most of you on this forum, but for those that are honing their CW skills this is a great exercise. You will hear some fantastic CW operators in this contest!

Here is the link to the contest https://www.darc.de/der-club/referate/conteste/wae-dx-contest/en/

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Here is a sample of a QTC. I'm sending LZ5R in Bulgaria 10 QTCs. I tell N1MM how many I want to send (max of 10) and N1MM selects the records for me.

I'm sending at 26 words per minute. LZ5R copies everything and didn't ask for any repeats. Most of he guys that ask for QTCs never ask for repeats. Says two things. He is a great CW op, and your signal is loud. hihi

Again, if you want to improve your CW skills, this is a great contest for that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.