• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Walmart LED upgrade

TIN_CAN

Nov 23, 2011
Was in walmart today and was in the automotive section and picked up a set of white strip LED's seems to light up my MFJ meter better then the oem lights.

Attachments

• CIMG0642.JPG
    CIMG0642.JPG
    403.9 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: 4 people

I saw those in the clearance section the other day. Ones I looked at used 5.? volts. They plugged in a USB adapter. I was thinking about grabbing a few, but didn't.

Here is a pic of the package it come with a switch and battery so you can see the led's work, I paid $20 Canadian for em so not the cheapest but I was looking for something like this for a while, and its being run from the 9v 110v PS.

Attachments

• CIMG0644.JPG
    CIMG0644.JPG
    335.7 KB · Views: 12
Those are different than the ones I looked at. They were on clearance in the car stereo area. They had 5 or 6 lights or more on a flat strip and was supplied by USB voltage.

I only noticed them because it brought back memories of me using a small side marker light to illuminate the dashboard of an old Aspen wagon I had. It was hard to remove the dash.

I'll try to see if they still have them on my next trip.

Good stuff! The meter really lights up great. I ran across this site thanks to some Drake guys that recommended these lights:

Ablaze Pinball LED 44/47 Bayonet base

VERY inexpensive way to replace bulbs in old tube type rigs that use the bayonet style sockets. I bought some blue ones, and they are very bright and look great in my Drake C line twins.

Lil', thanks for that link you posted... there are lots of cool lights there that I might like to try!

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.