• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WANT: Browning Golden Eagle transmit meter

Adamf

Jan 20, 2016
Hi all, I am looking for a Browning Golden Eagle transmit meter for a Mark IVA, Mark IV, or Mark III (all the same meter). Please let me know if you have one and best price shipped.

Thanks,

Adam Farber
Cooper City, FL 33026

Hi, thanks again for the post. I did see that website but $80.00 is a lot for the meter, was hoping for something less. Thanks again, Adam

One thing that makes the meter expensive is the high demand.

One very-common failure of that transmitter's mode-selector switch will dump high voltage into the meter. Causes it to peg when you select "Mod" on the meter selector. Stays pegged all the time, while receiving.

Until the meter's coil burns out.

Lotsa Mark 3 SSB transmitters with broken meters. And people looking for a new one.

Dern few chances to find a cheap one.

Just don't replace the meter without fixing the fault that blew it out. Don't want to smoke the new one just like the original one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.