• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Want to buy a Mobile Scanner, Which is the best?

T

TREMORMUV

I'm looking for a very good quality, feature rich mobile scanner for my humvee. I live in Canada, and would like, besides other things, to be able to scan the local police frequencies.

I've been poking around the net tonight (entirely NEW to scanners), and saw that the Uniden BCT7 looked like a pretty good looking unit. (But what do I know).

But, seeing how I'm sure there are alot of knowledgable people here on this forum, I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Price isn't so much of a concern. I want an excellent quality, durable and proven unit, that can be mounted in my vehicle. External antenna option would be nice (if required), and 12V connection is pretty much a must.

So, if any of you have an opinion, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks so much for your time.

Thomas

TREMORMUV

</p>

Thomas, try this question in the "Scanner" section. PS I don't know about Canada but it's illegal in a lot of states here to have one IN your car much less mounted! "Hawk"

DLH Panama City Beach, Fla. CDX 120</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=hawk>Hawk</A> at: 5/15/02 2:53:36 am

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.