• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WANTED: EES sound byte key-up toys

W

W1R3T4P

Any one know where, who, what, when?????
Help me out!!!!

I have been looking for the Godzilla sound bite for years with no luck! I heard a guy on a base somewhere in IL one night who had that on his base. Every time he would key up you would hear Godzilla, kinda like a golden eagle base radio sounds when you key it.

call humble electronics......803-462-3222...........they have a few of thier own design keyup toys.not ess toy but good working keyup toys nonetheless.they have a coo=koo,a spring,a phasor......i owned the phasor ..thats how i know they have em.ask for a catalog.
and as for the godzilla.......i doubt those are made anywhere....you can simply buy a 20 sec recorder and put any sound you want on it ..then wire it to go off when you key.the pp1 recorders can do this...i know because i use them myself.good luck

It is surely a sign of the times , well, as far as cb radio goes anyway. I will agree that the PP-1s and 2s are the best ,(there not making 3s anymore but they still have the 8 x pp-1 boxes still floating around)weather it's to record your own crap or use it for a watergate devise , with there input and output settings on the box , makes it very easy for a guy to dial them in very easily where different mic's make for different loudness (no resistors in line needed) I feel they are the cream of the crop nowadays. I do know for some that they can be complacated for some to use and I can understand where cb'ers can do without complacations (-: (this is why techs make money) but when you just buy 1 toy and it has it's own sound on it,it's forever ,that's it !! can't change those )-: but not everybody is the same and some of these type toys can make for awesome signitures for others which is pretty cool in it's own kind of way.
i1003778.jpg

pinejuice said:
W1R3T4P said:
Any one know where, who, what, when?????
Help me out!!!!
yo what you looking for

redneck identifiers
upward/downward identifiers
ping/doorbell/double ping

i had the redneck identifier early this year ...for some reason i could never get it to go loud enough.and i even changed the audio resistor in it .forgot where i got it .ebay most likely.a1-telecom has the doorbell stuff ...they even have the adams family doorbell...but they only sell to dealers......i could get you one but i need to place a 50.00 dollar order to get you one ........i do need to get more 4 pin plugs soon...your order could help me out ...you interested?if so hit me up at my email"joe3857@aol.com"i will find out price n stuff at that time .

only if you want it to go off on keyup.wont work as a unkey toy that i,m aware of.and it would be pretty long too.....any unused time on the recorder comes over the air as a blank/dead air kinda sound.like if the sound was 3 seconds you would have 17 seconds of dead air wait time befor you could talk.

fnkycoldmedina said:
only if you want it to go off on keyup.wont work as a unkey toy that i,m aware of.and it would be pretty long too.....any unused time on the recorder comes over the air as a blank/dead air kinda sound.like if the sound was 3 seconds you would have 17 seconds of dead air wait time befor you could talk.

Unless IM misunderstanding you here ? , weather you have a 20 or 60 second module , you can record 1 second and that's what you'll get ,I've never changed out the button feature to the ptt , but it should only play what you put on it unless doing it through the ptt makes strange things happen ? IM using 6 of them a this time and they only play what I put on them ,no more or no less, one is used for on-air and self recordings.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.