• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wanted to buy Uniden Grant XL mode Switch

The numbers look good. You can get rid of one whole circuit because one common isn't used on the original switch. If the common isn't even used, none of the other pins have any relevance. You would just hook it up to the other pin the trace connects to. If that makes sense.

I just found the 3 jumpers and have installed them. Now i think I can transfer the wires but how would I do away with a circuit and only use 3? It looks like uniden uses all 4 circuits.

There are 2 pins on your board that are not soldered to anything. The lower one in your pic is a common. If you don't put anything into the common, nothing will come out of the other 3 in that circuit.

Do it the way that is easiest for you to understand, it will work either way.

Sorry for driving you crazy. I just got thrown for another loop again. If i do not hook up the pins on the new switch that were not hooked up on the old switch it will not work on those circits. I believe that is what you are saying?

The red x is the common for that circuit. Each of the 3 red circles can never have continuity with anything other than the red x, and it isn't hooked up. The 3rd wire from the bottom can be soldered directly to the blue x, no jumpers required.

If you did jump everything as original, it would still function, it would just be 2 extra jumpers.

The jumpers at the top and bottom are required.
Inked20190210_132330_LIf.jpg

388_MtRushmore Thank you for all your help on this one. I learned a lot doing this. I never knew or even thought of what went on in that switch. After I started understanding how the switch worked it went a lot smoother than when I started looking at it. Which I spent a lot of time doing. Sorry for all the questions. It was not real hard but complicated. All working well.

Nomad thank you also

Attachments

• 20190212_210512.jpg
    20190212_210512.jpg
    502.9 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: mrgumby

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated