• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WANTED, YAESU FT-102.

cbkidd1

May 3, 2005
pa.
I thought i would ask here first, I am looking to buy a yaesu ft-102 in very good condition, With all filters and am/fm board, I would really like to find someone that has one done by Mal Eiselman, If you have one for sale Please give me your asking price, I can pay you with PayPal, or Money order, Cash, Witch ever you Prefer 73,

I got one sitting on the shelf, malcomized,
It is not going anywhere.

thought I recall CB KIDD! selling a FT-102 few years back on this forum??

Yes wavrider, You sure did. Wish now i would have never sold it. But if i wait long enough maybe one will come a long, Seen a few on Ebay. They always are missing either the am/fm board or filters and look like they seen their better days for sure.

You are right CBKIDD1 it is not easy to find the AM boards for the FT102 and when one is found it is expensive.
I do not know if Malcom is even working on the FT102 any more, you may try contact him to see if he has any for sale.

http://w8kvk.com/nc4l/index.php

link to MAl web page email and contact #

Reactions: 222DBFL
Wavrider, I sure wish someone here on the forum would have one for sale. That someone could name their asking price, I would pay using PayPal, Money order, Cash, Not ever looking to sell it if i ever find one.73,

Mine does not have AM/FM board
I have never tried it on AM ever.
Mostly 20 through 160 meters.
They are getting very hard to find even Ebay not many popping up

Just so happens, I found one. Came with his easy tune instructions, a letter of what he worked on, original manual, and original receipt for the radio when it was purchased. And to top it all off, the AM / FM board, all filters, and a stock microphone.

So of course, I had to snatch it up! Luck like that doesn't come around to often for me. LOL.

Reactions: wavrider
What would you like pictures of? I'll send them tomorrow to make you drool. LOL

To be honest I'm only selling the 1000D because I found someone else who wants to sell me another one done by MAL

Reactions: Sonar
Afternoon Eastside,
How have you been. Here is a link for you. http://w8kvk.com/nc4l/ Don't no if they are special, They are however a very nice tube final radio. One of the best, And made even better after MAL works his magic on them.

Reactions: Eastside
I'm doing fine..and yourself ?
Why did you want one?
I thought it was the FT-101 that was so venerable?
None of them sound any good without the filters.

Last edited:
I'm doing fine..and yourself ?
Why did you want one?
I thought it was the FT-101 that was so venerable?
None of them sound any good without the filters.
Pretty good, thanks for asking.
I wanted one because the FT-102 has three tubes for final output. And gives you that great plate modulation. Helps you sound like you are broadcasting on AM.
Once you have the AM/FM board along with all the filters, They are one nice radio. And my favorite.
And the ones done by MAL with his mods just make having one even better. But that is just my opinion. I hope one day maybe that MAL will on his page show pictures and write out all he knows about working on the ft-102. That would be a great thing for him to leave behind as part of his legacy. For people like me that love the ft-102.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eastside
I had a guy who sent me e mails and said he was a 101 and 102 guru...said he did all the hifi mods and he would build me the radio of my dreams ...but they are not cheap......I said thanks but no thank......his price was crazy iirc.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated