• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Warning to freebanders

airplane1 said:
More hams should be like that not to care about other operaters unless they interfear with your legal operation.
we all could get along better.

I agree with you guys and thats cool. If I was causing problems to the ham band I would expect to get told about it and if I keep it up then reported to the FCC.

But I am very careful not to, my neighbor is a ham no more than 150ft away and I never interfear with him and he knows I freeband and dont care one way or another.

We talk alot about radios and related stuff.

AP
AMEN!!!!!!!!

todt061458 said:
We should teach others to be good operators not berate them just because they are cbers, Remember 11 meters used to be a ham band way back when or as was said to me tonight in a PM do you all just hate cbers or could it really be that simple? I sure hope not. 73's
Excellent Point!!

airplane1 said:
More hams should be like that not to care about other operaters unless they interfear with your legal operation.
Another Excellent Point!!

sloppy radios and amps

The ultimate cure is lengths of coax, removed from the offending station after everything else fails. The hard part is trying to convince them that they are running sloppy and splattering radios. I used to do the same in CB and Freeband several years ago, untill a local ham talked to me at a swap meet and convinced me I could run a clean station and talk anywhere in the world, He was right!!
Amazing what some cheap low pass filter will do in the coax. Or just properly matching the amps input and output really cuts down on harmonics. A cheap 300 watt mobile amp properly matched and filtered won't bother anyone usually. I have since moved into ham radio and have been constantly amazed at how little power and how clean you can run a station and talk around the world. I have 1500 watts here at the flip of a switch, and I have never needed it
Spend a little more time on the homemade antenna and put all the store bought antennas to shame. Or you can just keep screaming as load as possible and sound like crap

I agree with you guys and thats cool. If I was causing problems to the ham band I would expect to get told about it and if I keep it up then reported to the FCC.

But I am very careful not to, my neighbor is a ham no more than 150ft away and I never interfear with him and he knows I freeband and dont care one way or another.

I second the Amen

also....jonmerritt has it right when saying

The ultimate cure is lengths of coax, removed from the offending station after everything else fails. The hard part is trying to convince them that they are running sloppy and splattering radios. I used to do the same in CB and Freeband several years ago, untill a local ham talked to me at a swap meet and convinced me I could run a clean station and talk anywhere in the world, He was right!!
Amazing what some cheap low pass filter will do in the coax. Or just properly matching the amps input and output really cuts down on harmonics. A cheap 300 watt mobile amp properly matched and filtered won't bother anyone usually. I have since moved into ham radio and have been constantly amazed at how little power and how clean you can run a station and talk around the world. I have 1500 watts here at the flip of a switch, and I have never needed it
Spend a little more time on the homemade antenna and put all the store bought antennas to shame. Or you can just keep screaming as load as possible and sound like crap

So if more of us understood as well as used these methods and mental proccesses..our hobby would be enjoyed much more

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.