• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wATCH YOUR BUTT WITH CINGULAR WIRELESS!!!

jonbah

Apr 2, 2005
Good Ole US of A
www.jonbah.com
Just a word of warning, In January I setup a new cell phone plan with CINGULAR WIRELESS I've had so many bad experiences with these idiots it is unreal, as most people that know me can say that I am a very fair and laid back person and it does take quite a bit to tick me off, Cingular Wireless idiots are pro's at upsetting their customers. I'll list the turn of events and you tell me what you think.

1) Signed up on the internet for Cingular's 700 minute family Plan with 3 lines for $89.00 a month .

This went thru fine. But big mistake using the internet Never Again Don't do it.

2) Cingular made a written statement that I would receive the new phones within 4 to 7 days.

NOT received the phones,(after 5 calls to customer service and 14 excuses) two of them 21 days later and the other 24 days later.

3) After patiently waiting 3 weeks for our new phones I place the call to Cingular to have the phones activated. It took 3 days and 5 phone calls back and forth to Cingular just to activate the phones.

1st the assigned phone numbers were no good, then their system was not working properly. Many excuses and over three hours on the phone with them. I told the rep to log these calls as a complaint and if they don't get it corrected that I will cancel the service and will not want to pay any ETF's early termination fees. She stated that with problems that I've incurred this will not be a problem and you will not have to pay any ETF's. YAH RIGHT it gets better.

4) Then the fun starts with billing. I get my first bill for over $100 2/3 of this is for activation fees OK But I'm billed for prorated service from the time I signed up for the service
before the phones were even activated?
The next bill was even better. I get a bill for $350.00 my service should be around $89.00 a month. (The blood pressure hits a record high.) There are 6 phone numbers on the bill instead of three I'm paying for a individual plan for each line instead of the Family plan that I signed up for. I call them again on the phone again for over one hour. They try to adjust the account but can't because the service is down again, I get a commitment number so I can call back again. Call back again next day. adjustments made and told the bill will be $69.00 so I send them a payment.
Two weeks later I get a bill again # 3 now I owe $60 and late fees. Then the phone calls start from Cingular, threatened to pay the bill or the service will be shut off and will be charged to reactivate it? This is within 30 days of sending the prior months payment that was to be adjusted to the proper amount.
Bill # 4 shows up now I owe $170 instead $89.00 I call again the plan is still not set up the way I signed up for. I hit the roof.
The Cingular rep tries to set everything up properly and make adjustments again.
By this time I've had enough I don't want to do business with Cingular Wireless they can't and haven't done anything right and it doesn't look like they ever could. So I get switched to the cancel rep. I explain clearly and calmly why I want to cancel this account in detail and state I will not pay them any ETF's because of the way they handle their business. The rep replies that they did everything to correct the problems NOT and I will be charged the ETF 3 times one for each phone he kept stating that I will have to pay the ETF's. I restated my argument calmly and the rep GET THIS! hangs up on me!!!

So now after 80 days of headaches and hardship I need to pay CINGULAR $525.00 plus any service fees owed to get away from them.

Cell phone companies are the biggest scam I've ever seen and they got the public eating out of their hands. They over charge provide poor service, poor customer service and bind their customers financially. How could it be possible for a company to get away with things like this and remain in business? Why are they getting away with it?

Try Verizon..Never a problem. I've been with them for over 5 years. Coverage is excellent. I travel all the eastern states and always have coverage except Kentucky is thin.

There is no way I would have signed on without doing it in person and walking out with phones in hand.I just completely changed my wireless plan here and did so in an Aliant (service provider) store.I chose new phones and combined services such as cellular,DSL internet, local and long distance home phone service and satellite TV and talked to a REAL person when I did it.I walked out of the store a half hour later with two new cellular phones that were already activated and no problems whatsoever.When the first bill arrived it was 100% what I had asked for.

I have been using T-mobile for over 2 years now, very seldom a dead area for reception, not once a screw up with the bill, service people are great to deal with on the phone.
I have used a bunch of other carriers in the past, and T-Mobile are by far the best I have had.
I think if I had problems during the initial sign up period with a cell carrier I would have called it a day there and then and went with another carrier, instead of carrying on and ending up over $500 poorer.
Just my 2 cents worth

I decided to go with Verizon around last January, and have not been disappointed. Most of the people I know are on Verizon, so it was a fairly easy decision since all calls to other Verizon wireless customers aren't counted against your minutes. I'm in Michigan, and have been to the Upper Peninsula a few times as well as Northern Indiana and parts of Ohio, and in my travels I can count on one hand the number of times I've had an interruption.

I'm more concerned with buying in a way that doesn't include walking out of a physical store with an activated phone in hand. There are many things I'll buy online, but something involving a contract is not one of them. Have you suggested the possibility of a lawyer becoming involved if they can't get it fixed correctly? Either that or threaten to file in small claims court. They will probably make an effort to settle at that point.

I forgot to mention that most, if not all carriers seem to currently offer pay as you go service in order to avoid becoming entangled in contracts. You can also sign up for a 1 year contract, or probably less although the downside of that is the cost of the phone goes up significantly.

I was an AT&T wireless customer that Cingular bought out. Dropped calls, bad reception, poor phone customer service.
They tell me " Thanks for choosing Cingular", I didn't ... they chose me when they bought AT&T. I'll be going Verizon in 45 days when my contract runs out.

ADIOS Cingular.

Hye, I got lined for cingulars ankle grabbing too, when they were much smaller.

Back then, the problem was dropped calls and very poor coverage.

I've been happy with Verizon, but I still hate the idea of paying for radio service...

Oh well, soon the telemarketers will crack the cell lockdown and you will be answering your cell all hours of the day...

Cingular Sucks....
Team Mobile Sucks...
Sprint Suck....

have had billing problems with all above carriers..
but with Sprint had both billing and equipment problems..

now i stay clear of cellular..
i hear verizon is good..

i am unwilling to be victom to another cell carrier..

so i hear you..

Later

Victim is not the work for it I'm being treated like a nobody and victimized. I have forward all my docs. to my Lawyer all he said was that he was going to have a ball with this one. They are also investigating any class action lawsuits and complaints against Cingular for this type of behavior.

Whatever happened to freedom of choice and individual rights?

Cingular's rep basicly stated after I asked him if he felt I was being treated fairly he stated to three different questions "NO but your under contract". So I guess this means they can treat anybody badly or do whatever the feel like doing to your account as long as they make an effort to correct it when they feel like it. They don't care about anything but getting the money out of you no matter what happens. I wonder what they do if somebody dies I'll bet the lien the estate for the full amount of the contracts or try to collect the ETF's Hell your dead but so what your still under contract pay up deadbeat.

Big business is a big downfall for the consumer. Screw your contracts just give me what I ask for and I'll pay you for it and if it don't work the way you say then give me my money back I'll try something else.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.