• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Water Cooled Amps

Riverman

Nov 12, 2013
Found these at http://www.parelectronics.com/index.php under one of the W4OP links at the top right of the page. Some of you may be familiar with the concept, but I sure wasn't. I was blown away but the idea of a paddle wheel indicator on an amp. :)
Dale Parfitt (W4OP) is a fascinating fellow.

2c39-front.jpg

2 X 2C39. The object on the bottom center is a paddle wheel that gives confirmation that the water is indeed flowing. The black meters monitor cathode currents and the center meter is plate voltage. 250W typical output.

2c39-water-jackets.jpg

2x2c39 Internal view showing water jackets and plumbing.

4x2c39-front.jpg

4 X 2C39 water cooled. The 2 knobs tune the input and output while the meters monitor the 4 cathode currents and plate voltage. Once again, a flow meter on the bottom center.

4x2c39-plumbing.jpg

4 X 2C39 again, showing plumbing and the 4 cathode bias supplies.

Last edited:

Reminds me of a "Previous Life" where I installed and repaired Generator Load Banks. Some were water cooled and handled 500KV or so. Mostly in the NE US where fresh water was pumped in from one of the rivers, cooled the unit and returned to the river. Still in awe of that concept.

I guess the Fan Noise on this Amp is bearable?:ROFLMAO:

73's
David

Reactions: wavrider

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.