• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wavelength Calculator

Retro

Dec 26, 2015
I wrote myself a simple wavelength calculator in Python. I did so for two reasons.

1) I wanted something installed locally that didn't depend on internet access that allowed me to just click one icon, punch in a freq, and get some numbers back.
2) I wanted to tinker around in Python.

I packaged it up and put it on Sourceforge if anybody wants to check it out.

If you are running Windows, just click the green button to download the .exe file, install it, and you're g2g. Something to remember is that since I'm not some big name software developer, some web browsers have been known to pop up a little red error saying that the file is "not commonly downloaded". This is fine, just go ahead and click the "Keep" or whatever option it gives you to go ahead and download the file. If you are paranoid and don't trust my binary executable file, Windows users can also download the .tar.gz file, extract it, and run the freqlength.py file (plain text source code) directly as long as they have Python 3 installed. Also, the Windows version includes the plain text source code versions as well as the compiled versions, so if you would like to read the source code, you don't have to download both versions. After running the Windows installer you'll find all the source code and stuff in the installation folder in C:\Program Files

If you're running Linux or FreeBSD, download the .tar.gz file, run the install.sh file as root, done. You can also just run the freqlength.py file directly (as a normal user) without installing.

If you're running Mac OSX, download the .tar.gz file, make sure you have Python 3 installed, and just run the freqlength.py file.

If you're running anything else, all you should need to run it is a Python installation and the ability to extract the .tar.gz archive.

This should give you a locally installed option to quickly just click an icon, punch in a freq and get a wavelength, regardless of whether or not you have internet access.

Here's the web page for it.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/freqlength/

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?