• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Way To Broadband The Audio in Styker 655V2 via Menu?

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
In Menu 1 you can adjust the AM TX Bandwidth to 4.0khz ..... but this doesn't affect the audio tone. Is there another menu selection to deepen or make richer the AM Audio sound? Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: groundwire

In Menu 1 you can adjust the AM TX Bandwidth to 4.0khz ..... but this doesn't affect the audio tone. Is there another menu selection to deepen or make richer the AM Audio sound? Thanks

The menu includes choices for RX and TX. A word of caution; opening up the RX makes a lot more white noise in the upper audio frequencies. After playing for quite some time, I ended up leaving mine on 3.0k. Any more than that is just annoying hiss.

The menu DOES change the sound of the audio if you choose RX and choose 4.0k
Hi Greg .... but you keep referencing the 955. The 655 does not have this choice. The 655 has fewer FUNCT/Programming/TEST choices as it lacks SSB, and some the Features offered in TEST on the 655 are on different numbers than the 955.

Hi Greg .... but you keep referencing the 955. The 655 does not have this choice. The 655 has fewer FUNCT/Programming/TEST choices as it lacks SSB, and some the Features offered in TEST on the 655 are on different numbers than the 955.
Then you'll have to replace some components.

Reactions: Wire Weasel
No help guys. Have already done that. Asking about changing the sound of the Audio Out.
Is the 655 that different from the 955 on audio circuit design?

Are you sure yours is not defective and that no golden screw drivers have been inside the radio?

What mic are you using? Have you ruled out the mic?

I do not know anything about the 655 not heard one on air yet. That said the Stryker 955 has the best AM audio I have heard on a radio marketed to the CB world in the last 20 years maybe more. Being an AM only radio as in not having SSB I would imagine it's AM audio would be fantastic? Does it need "different audio" through the menu?

Is this just you exploring the limits of the radio or is the stock audio crap? It might be defectives.

Good Luck hope it works out for you!

I do not know anything about the 655 not heard one on air yet. That said the Stryker 955 has the best AM audio I have heard on a radio marketed to the CB world in the last 20 years maybe more. Being an AM only radio as in not having SSB I would imagine it's AM audio would be fantastic? Does it need "different audio" through the menu?

Is this just you exploring the limits of the radio or is the stock audio crap? It might be defectives.

Just exploring the menu adjustments. I am surprised they left the option off the 655 while including it in the 955.

Goldfinger has upgrades for the audio chain for the 6666, 955 and the like. Maybe check out his mod's for that chassis.

Yeah .... I'm not doing any microsurgery on an SMD chassis. There are techs in the area that do that but their fees make me wince. I'll live with the regular decent audio that I have now, thanks

Reactions: undertaker

I would agree with you. And the 655 is actually AM and FM.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?