• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Way to go!

LoneWolf TN

Apr 2, 2005
New Anti-Gun Control Law Set for Alaska
Associated Press | October 17, 2005
By MATT VOLZ

JUNEAU, Alaska -- Starting Wednesday, handgun owners won't need permits to carry concealed weapons in the seven Alaska cities where they're still required. There also will be no more restrictions on keeping a firearm in a vehicle.

A new state anti-gun control law that goes into effect will essentially bar municipalities from passing gun laws that are more restrictive than state law.

The National Rifle Association, which helped Republican state Rep. Mike Chenault write the legislation, says except for the concealed weapon permit requirements, most Alaska city and state gun laws are the same.

What the NRA wants to do is prevent cities from passing more restrictive laws in the future. It calls it state pre-emption, and Alaska will be the 44th state to have such a law on its books.

"We are looking to make it uniform to all 50 states," said NRA spokeswoman Kelly Hobbs. "Without it, it creates an unfair, inconsistent and confusing patchwork of local firearm ordinances."

But Alaska police chiefs worry about no longer being able to enforce laws banning guns from public buildings, such as city halls.

The new law would allow cities to keep guns out of places beyond a restricted access point, such as a metal detector, but the chiefs say their cities can't afford the staff or equipment.

"There are lots of people, myself included, we really value our constitutional rights," said Anchorage Police Chief Walter Monegan. "But if we had the same enthusiasm to also support our constitutional responsibilities, then I would be less concerned over this issue."

Chenault argues that even though state law now does not specifically prohibit weapons in municipal buildings, it does prohibit them in state buildings, so a municipal law wouldn't be considered more restrictive. He acknowledged, however, that it may take a court challenge to see if he's right.

any one who wants to carry a gun should have to complete a compentency evaluation and anyone who thinks different needs one too.

LoneWolf TN said:
The new law would allow cities to keep guns out of places beyond a restricted access point, such as a metal detector, but the chiefs say their cities can't afford the staff or equipment.
With all the revenue that the people in the state are getting off the Oil each year, it surely shouldn't be that hard to afford the staff or equipment

I know two natives in just one small village up there, that one guy got $35,000 and the other got $18,000 and for what you ask? Well, just for being a Native and the money came partly from the oil. Lots of money is given each year to thousandsof people in the State.
--------------
DXman

Do people need a complete psychological screening to be able to drive an automobile? I believe one can kill people far easier with an automobile than a firearm. In fact deaths caused by automobile (accidental + intentional) far exceeds deaths caused by firearms (accidental + intentional).

I think there should be a criminal background check, and maybe prove you can handle the weapon but that's it.

well here in wisconsin, there is no ccw. but if they get their act together and start allowing the people paying the bill for all that ARMED security for the jerks telling i can't be armed. i think that a criminal backround check is only good for eliminating the stupid ones from buying at a store. now they will just break into somes house and steal one. for the rest of us law oppressed citizens i think that a NRA certified firearm/safety course should be a requirement for a ccw permit. the only reason that i think this is a good ideal is becuase there are some individuals out there that deficient in the same thing as a lot of law makers, common sense.
So if all these anti-gunners (H. Clinton, N. Pelusi etc..) were put in a room with loaded weapons and several death row inmates were released in the room, the door was locked and these same inmates knew they could have some fun.oh i forgot the part about there are no rescurers, you have to rely on yourselves.what do you think will happen. I personally doubt that any of these people will through down their fire arms and allow themselves to be accosted or killed.

About 3 weeks ago, I went to Wal-Mart to buy a shotgun....long story short, I had to pay 10 dollars up front for a background check.After what seemed an hour later the phone rings, only to find out I was denied! I asked why, the man said they gave no explination. I was given an appeal form which I filled out and mailed...still no answer. I never commited a felony,domesic violence or any mental inpairment. I have bought guns back home in Ohio many times in stores....even did the 3 day wait thing....never was denied. After moving to TN after almost 4 years ago, I get denied and have no idea why.....and they kept my 10 dollars :evil:

Gun Control

Hey Pluto how do you like the tightening gun control? Step by step, inch by inch we slide toward a total gun ban AND confiscation! Like the frog in a pot - turn the heat up SLOWLY and before he knows it the frog is cooked!! DO NOT buy a firearm from a store/gun show/dealer, do the non-paper trail individual/flea market ect. thing. and you'd best hurry and get a couple and plenty of lead.! And get a decent shortwave receiver too and break the Alphabet Gov't propaganda TV talking heads habit! Check out this info group on a host of issues - its free ya do NOT have to join just go thru the links/messages:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HighCountryWatchmen/

d

The pimps, sorry, I mean the bolsheviks can deny you from a firearms purchase if you have been put on one of their bolshevik "terrorist" watch lists. I mean, if you are politically incorrect in their eyes, or you are vocally anti current "war" policy, or anti Bush, or pro Second amendment, or pro US Constitution/Bill of Rights, or pro US Sovereignty, or anti wide open borders, or, or, or, or. Whew the list would never end. Another words, if you don't agree with the puppets in Washington you could very well be put on this "terrorist" watch list and be banned from buying a firearm at a licensed dealer. You would probably never even know if you ARE on this list, until they come a kickin' down your door in the wee hours of the morning to take you away to one of their GULAGS for some kool Mossad/KGB style torture. :shock: UNFRICKINGBELIEVABLE! Ya' reckon I couldn't purchase a gun at Comminist China Mart?? LOL :LOL: I don't need no sticking China Mart...
Things are gonna' let a hell of a lot worse. George Orwell's 1984 on steroids.

LoneWolf TN

I got my reply today.....of all things it was domestic violence! Being based on a fight that my now ex-wife had in 1998 she's the one that actually slapped me in the face....cops were called and they took me even though I never hit her back ( I don't beleve in hitting women) I mentioned to the deputy that she slapped me and he asked me if I wanted to press charges...and replied with a big hell yeah! They arrested her also....after things cooled down, we both dropped charges. But it remains on my record, which I'm working on getting it cleared off. I have to wonder if my ex has tried to buy a gun yet. Funny thing is.... I own an assult rifle and the Gov is worried about a Mossberg 500. I believe that I will not pay another 10 dollars to the Gov regardless of the outcome of the appeal, I'll buy ammo with it. I'm sure the guy that murderd my girlfiend's nephue didn't buy his gun in a store and almost a year he's yet to be caught. Justice?

I too have a similar situation here in Va. My now Ex-Wife liked to drink to much; and when she did, her favorite thing to do would be to start a fight with me. One day she decided she wanted to fight and I ignored her. Well, she called 911. Seeing Rhode Island has a No-Tolerance law and being she called and made a complaint that I hit her, the Police had no choice but to follow through. Although, I was never formerly charged with Domestic Violance, I was put on probation for a year. It is still on my record. Now, when I go to buy any gun, instead of taking 15 minutes, it take anywhere from 1/2 a day to a full 24 hours for them to investigate; I still don't get denied but, when they look at my record this charge shows up and they have to investigate it. I can't get it exsponged from my record, and chances are you may not be able to either. I would imagine the problem comes up about answering the question.......... Have you ever been convicted of a Folony or Domestic Violence? IT SUCKS! Good luck

Thanks 126, yeah is does suck big time. I don't understand how an offence such as domestic voilence could be unresolved (thier words) since 1998....either conviction, not guilty or dismissed. I found the docket entry in about 20 minutes doing an internet search, the FBI couldn't find it in 15 days! Our tax dollars at work. I think it's a money racket..10 dollars at a time, think of the money they make just by typing a social security number. I guess buying an unregestered firearm makes me a criminal, even though I've never committed a felony, domestic violence not even a DUI. I wonder when the Gov will start burning books? :roll:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.